Spacebar issue with this forum only.

Howard

Mar 22, 2014
Perhaps a browser other than Google Chrome

LOL - I should change my browser because you're using forum software that is no longer maintained? Perhaps upgrading to the current version of vBulletin or converting to a better forum software product?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
LOL - I should change my browser because you're using forum software that is no longer maintained? Perhaps upgrading to the current version of vBulletin or converting to a better forum software product?

Test:

I'm just checking here to see if I have that issue too. ...Nope, and I'm using Google Chrome as my main browser.
Sometimes Google works in mysterious ways.

Howard

Mar 22, 2014
Test:

I'm just checking here to see if I have that issue too. ...Nope, and I'm using Google Chrome as my main browser.
Sometimes Google works in mysterious ways.

Might have to do with which version of Windows 10 you're running, or which version of JAVA, etc....

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Latest Anniversary Edition...Windows 10. ...Java, etc., all that jazz? :b

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

No I should change my software because of you. Really?

FWIW I have VB 5 but don't run it because it's unstable still. As a result I am running the most current version of VB4. Perhaps you need to look at those fora that use the software that you like because sadly if you're thinking I'm going to change software because you and a few others are having a problem I can tell you that isn't going to happen.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Safari or Firefox on a Mac--no problems.

Internet Exploder or Firefox on Windoze 7--no problems.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
OK, I managed to replicate the problem. To see it, two things need to happen:

1. You run a fresh copy of Chrome. Using existing tabs uses older version of chrome so you don't see the problem. If you reboot your machine then you will be hit with the incompatibility. In other words, far more people are affected than reporting right now.

2. You have set your preference in your profile setting to anything *but* what I have selected below:

If you are seeing the problem, go to your profile setting and select the third option as I have ("Standard Editor"). You should be good to go. You won't see your formatting in the reply but otherwise, all the functionality will be there.

Howard

Mar 22, 2014
No I should change my software because of you. Really?
FWIW I have VB 5 but don't run it because it's unstable still. As a result I am running the most current version of VB4. Perhaps you need to look at those fora that use the software that you like because sadly if you're thinking I'm going to change software because you and a few others are having a problem I can tell you that isn't going to happen.

But you were so quick to tell me to change my browser...

vB5 was released how long ago and it's still... unstable is as good a word as any. Many believe it will never be a viable platform for a large forum. vB4 is for the most part unsupported and there is no vB6 in development, so in reality my advice to you is not as crazy as you seem to think it is. And if you insist on staying with vB4 under these conditions, you really should find yourself a good vB tech admin to fix things for you. I can recommend one for you if you visit me on my forum - The Admin Zone. Over there they call me The Sandman.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

But you were so quick to tell me to change my browser...

vB5 was released how long ago and it's still... unstable is as good a word as any. Many believe it will never be a viable platform for a large forum. vB4 is for the most part unsupported and there is no vB6 in development, so in reality my advice to you is not as crazy as you seem to think it is. And if you insist on staying with vB4 under these conditions, you really should find yourself a good vB tech admin to fix things for you. I can recommend one for you if you visit me on my forum - The Admin Zone. Over there they call me The Sandman.

And you were even quicker to spend my money ;)

Your option is free. Mine is not.

IMO this is nothing but a hill of beans.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing