Megalithic old structures how did they cut move 1200 ton stones ???

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
And getting the stones there , with all those hills this is quite an achievement :

Sarsen Stone

The giant sarsen stones (which form the outer circle), weigh as much as 50 tons each. To transport them from the Marlborough Downs, roughly 20 miles to the north.
Blue Stone

The Blue Stones were from the Prescelly Mountains, located roughly 240 miles away, at the southwestern tip of Wales.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
some shots from british museum , and all from granite or equally hard stone , how did they drill the holes threre are clearly circular marks , the hyroglific marks were at least 20 mm deep and how did they remove the inside of the pot ??:confused:

standbeeld kop by andromeda61, on Flickr

standbeeld by andromeda61, on Flickr

standbeeld zit by andromeda61, on Flickr

rug standbeeld by andromeda61, on Flickr

pigs outside by andromeda61, on Flickr\

onderarm by andromeda61, on Flickr

Funny how the pigs have lot of freedom here :)

stone pot by andromeda61, on Flickr

Last edited:

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
had a wonderfull trip to egypt , some pics of the granite quarry at aswan .
unfinished obelisk 1200 ton , solid granite

DSC06138 by andromeda61, on Flickr

DSC06141 by andromeda61, on Flickr

DSC06145 by andromeda61, on Flickr

DSC06149 by andromeda61, on Flickr

DSC06150 by andromeda61, on Flickr

DSC06153 by andromeda61, on Flickr

DSC06156 by andromeda61, on Flickr

DSC06159 by andromeda61, on Flickr

DSC06160 by andromeda61, on Flickr

Statue of Amenhotep 3 rd in luxor 700 ton solid quartzite statue , 500 ton solid quartzite base transported from a quarry somewhere

DSC05944 by andromeda61, on Flickr

Taken from hot air balloon , same statue plus temple behind it which they are excavating

DSC05878 by andromeda61, on Flickr

Last edited:

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
On this picture one can see how the sfinx in Egypt is clearly being rebuilt in the past , the rest of the body being eroded away by water weathering as explained by Robert shoch

making it presumably at least dating to the last ice age around 10.500. BC.
Giza_Sphinx_1 by andromeda61, on Flickr

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
It's a very interesting subject.

My opinion is the pyramids were interstellar transportation devices, I think the book "The Giza Power Plant : Technologies of Ancient Egypt", here...

https://www.amazon.com/Giza-Power-Plant-Technologies-Ancient/dp/1879181509

...is very good but misses the point, the mystery of the expanding king's chamber, which the book supposes was caused by unintentional explosions within the pyramid were likely intentional and part of the way the pyramid operates. The careful alignment of the pyramids and their relation to the stars is telling, and the degree of accuracy is not required for the power plant theory.

As for moving stone, the outer stones of the Great Pyramid may have been poured into place but the massive rock surrounding the kings chamber was quarried and moved somehow. Much more recently the owner of the "Coral Castle" in Florida claimed to know the secret, the stones were moved by technology that makes them immune to the force of gravity. Considering we don't know how gravity actually works this may be true. The owner, Edward Leedskalnin, certainly succeeded in moving rock with no explanation as to how it was done besides his claims to understand the secrets of the pyramids. Unfortunately if correct it seems he's taken his secret with him to the grave.

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Having had the pleasure to have spent over an hour in the great pyramid, I saw no evidence of it being a power plant. If it was, one would think that some mention of that fact would be found in the ancient historical record. It is not. As for moving the large blocks, they know how it was done, a combination of manpower and fulcrums and the like. People have shown how it can be done today, they just don't show that on Ancient Aliens. In fact, there is a tribe in India who do it now. No alien tech required. It is amazing to me how modern people think ancients were dumb and not capable of amazing feats.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I hope they start excavating and mapping all the underground tunnel systems on the Giza plateau , I think thats the only way to find out more.
I hope to go to Giza by the end of the year ,I did a nile cruise in the south recently.
I work with quit big cranes and heavy loads on factory plants and I must say I find it hard to believe for example one could make, ship and erect the colossi of memnon. ( amenhotep 3 ).using manpower, they could have used elephants as well off course
It still is quit a mysterie to me at least.
I read the serapeum is open for visitors so I want to go there as well.

Ps I visisted about 10 graves in the valley of the kings and they are full of hyrogliphs about the person being buried , as far as I know the great pyramid has no carvings inside which is a bit strange I think ( apart from from a small Khufu painted hyrogliph ), considering its such a large structure and the pharao who built it would want everybody to know.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Last edited:

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I will just say that the issue of water erosion of the Sphinx is not well accepted in the field.

I thought water erosion from bellow was actually obvious, where as too down it is clean it was resculpted.

Also, they figured out recently that they poured loads of water in front of the bricks they were moving, which was the last step of the puzzle as to how you can move big blocks over a desert area to the nile or such. It was actually depicted somewhere, but no one "clicked" with it till a few years ago.

While I dont know the true purpose of the pyramids, you have to admit that it is a hell or a curious thing that when that german used a robot with w camera to explore the "queens" chambers, the egyptian gov confiscated the footage. Also the possible path underneith somewhere around the Sphinx to the pyramid is a curious thing...

It does seem clear that the great pyramids where not made, or at least started, by Khufu & Khafre. I will say that I really wish I could have seen them completed, back when they shined really bright as they were covered in polished limestone.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
To add further according to this information, they had to either quarry a +- 1200 ton raw quartzite stone block , or carve it at the quarry to its 700 ton final shape , and then sail it upstream on the nile to Luxor and place it , the base was 500 ton and they made 2 statues .
That they were really clever is a fact and I dont doubt that

from the net :
Gebel el Ahmar[4] is located near Cairo on the east bank of the Nile, near the suburb of Heliopolis. The name means Red Mountain. The site was in full production in the times of Akhenaton, Amenhophis III, Tutankhamon, and Ramses III. The quarry was directed by Huy, known as "Chief of the King's Works", and also by Hori.

Typical materials known from this site are:

Celestine and quartzite or red sandstone
Some of the monuments known to come from this site are:

The Colossi of Memnon

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
It is surprising what you can come up with when you have such strong limitations.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
But then still , I looked it up a typical large wooden VOC ship from the 1600 s could carry around 600 tons .
But to carry a massive stone block even heavier would require a complete different type of ship , because it becomes easily top heavy off course.
May be they used a big barge , certainly not the kind of ships they show in the movie or khufus sunboat, a ton is doable but 700 or more:confused:

Our Egyptian guide told us that more then half of the obelisks / large statues they (europeans )moved from Egypt either sunk or broke into pieces because they couldn't handle them

Last edited:

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Thank you for the link, it is fascinating, very.

Question: Is it correct to keep exploring and digging and climbing the sacred constructions of men and women life and death in their time on Earth with their faith on heaven...afterlife?

I only ask for respect of history, ancestry, mind and body and soul.
I'm sure they are very careful, and they use the latest laser technology.

This too; my family, and I too, are, want to be under a tree of life when departed for good...ashes to ashes to be or not to be all that purifying jazz of life and death and the whole undiscovered universe yet. ...Which keep expanding.

What if the great pyramid was not only a sacred tomb but also the majestic shaped diamond pointing to the stars in order to attract the gods of protection and angels of immortality?

What if they were building the pyramids as to not be disturbed for eternity?
Just a genuine and sincere question.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I was in Egypt for work this week , didnt have much time , but had a quick look at the pyramids as the taxi drove through giza on the way to the airport in the early morning

Wow these things are ancient you can just feel it , plus they are huge , magical place the Giza necropolis , I ll definitively return

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing