Megalithic old structures how did they cut move 1200 ton stones ???

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
My thoughts on it so far :
The sphinx used to be annubis , the egyptian jackal guardian of the underworld( giza necropolis ) , the head eroded away and some pharao ( it has african/nubian ? features ) put his own head on the body .
In ancient egypt the west bank of the nile is associated with death( sunset) and east ( sunrise ) associated with birth / life , pyramids, valley of the kings ,mortuary temples are all on the west bank .
Regarding the pyramids , i think they were part ressurection machine / tomb / healing place where they performed rituals , a lot of egyptian guides say so .
Egypt was( before the high dam in aswan ) a place that saw flooding every year to give furtile land ,which also feeds the cycle/ rebirth thinking.

Last edited:

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Enjoy your visit. Having been there myself, watch the vendors around the area in the crowd as they try all kinds of scams and don’t take a camel ride as you may be asked to empty your pockets for the ride back.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Yeah thanks , I know the deal , I ve been to Egypt many times .
In the south in luxor - aswan , the return way from the temples leads always through the shop area , and with the declanation of tourism , your just about prey lol.
Hope to go inside the pyramids I heard the big one is at least open to public , would love to vist Egyptian museum and the serapeum as well .

I ll post my experiences and some nice shots

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Yes, you can go inside the pyramid. I did it with one of my sons and it was awesome. It is hard to breathe down there though. There is a small cost but well worth it. Just remember that to go down, go down backwards, just like climbing down off a ladder.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Can you take a Photocamera and a hand lamp / light with you?
I know in the kingsgraves in Luxor its forbidden to take pics,.... Unless you are alone with the guard and pay up a bit , lol

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
I don’t know about a hand lamp. All I had was an iPhone. I guess if it is in a shoulder bag you may but, you may want to check on line travel sites for a better answer.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Paid a visit nice site beautifull hilly surroundings .
On the pic you can see a stone standing up with a knob , the stone that was placed horizontally on top had a hole /gap in that spot so it would strengthen the construction , so they probably placed the two erected stones with knobs measure the distance an cut a fitting horizontal stone .
Further a reconstruction how it used to be

stonehenge raw by andromeda61, on Flickr

stone henge with knobs raw by andromeda61, on Flickr

What is your current best theory about how Stonehenge was built?

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
In the case of Stonehenge they might have built dirt ramps to pull them on and later take the sand
away.
Maybe they used mammoths to pull stone and stonehenge is older then the 5000 years they say.

See you cant date stone / stonework like carbon dating organic material
What im 100 percent sure off is that the evoluton of mankind is different then the schoolbooks , there were other very sophisticated civilisations in the much older past

Last edited:

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I hope to get An Idea of building techniques , seeing the Giza plateau for real Will change my perspective.
Behind the pyramids there is a huge quarry im gonna take pics from there plus ancient stonecut techniques
Apparently there are quit a few cut marks left in granite and basalt stone they cannot even do today with modern cutters , blade witdh being one of them.

Last edited:

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Just spend a full Day exploring the Giza plateau, i actually walked all around it.
Went inside the menkaure and cheops pyramid, khefren is closed , it aint the aliens who built them but very sophisticated people with techniques we dont know at the moment at least that's what i think
Shot heapes of pics too.
The hassle you get is fairly annoying though they all wannna sell you something.

Last edited:

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
The scale of the big ones is very impressive , especially the fit finish in the King s chamber of the large granite blocks is remarkable.
To think that's done with coppertools is a joke afaic.
I made a lot of pics of the actual stonework too
Not inside the pyramids as this was not allowed , but i assume for a certain price that might change lol

Last edited:

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Copper saws using sand as the cutting abrasive. Actually works very well. The tools were found on site. Using sand to grind down and polish the granite. We still use sand for this very purpose.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Can you give me an example, you tube OR something.
That english Guy that saws with supposedly egyptian handtools always uses Sandstone.
I actually Saw quite some stuff i never Saw mentioned before.
The sarcophagus in the kingschamber has 3 coredrill holes were the lid is supposed to lay.
Do you think you can make a core drill from copperplate and use the sand as an abrasive, till now the guys who so called proved IT always use softstone
The inside of the sarcophagus are not. " machined".
They are not 90 degrees and a bit rough.
Some of 15 ton blocks in the kingschamber have moved a bit probably Earthquake s. Or something, but the gap stays perfect over about a meter OR so , you re probably talking 10 s of a milimeter tolerance.
That's Just not handtool imo.
All this could be measured fairly easy with the right tools
What also is clear to .me is that how older the construction the bigger the blocks.
Further the plateau is filled with pits and tunnels , which are never excavated , IT looks like there was a underground watersystem.
Further the Sphinx inclosure walls are definetively not wind erosion .
I ll show that in pics very easy, either it is waterpercipitation downwards OR the whole pit got flooded somehow , remember. The nile went up to the pyramids plateau during floods

Last edited:

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Went to a lot more sites today .
Done a bit of bribing lol.
I have some great pics and got a good feell of the large boxes in the serapeum
Went inside boxes and made pics, there is quit a lot of difference in quality some look and feel as if they are milled , some are a bit rough er on the edges and surface

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Explored the Giza plateau for a second time, been on places and took pics im sure not many people have,
Like the hieroglyfic engravngs in the khefren pyramid quary.
I ve never read a translation those yet , they might have a clue as to who ever and why they built it

Last edited:

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
But the view on that mountain in the background! :b

We don't need another planet to live on, we can build higher and pack more people. :b
We would need more grocery stores to bring all that food a mile high, that's all.
Long after we're gone there will be gardens higher up, above ground level, and highways a quarter mile high, flying electric cars, solar powered skyscrapers, human heated, wireless stereo hi-fi systems, without interconnects, without speaker wires, without AC power cords, without fuses, without tubes. :b

The guy with his family living in that top penthouse upper floor, a mile above ground, will be a top executive from the Hong Kong stock market exchange. His office will be inside that penthouse.

There are no limits to what man can achieve, only the height of the sky. :b
Stereo equipment that weights over a tonne will fit in those largest elevators, no sweat.

* My apologies for the brief humorous interlude.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Visited also new sites around Abu roash.
Apparently even the locals didn't know the where abouts of the ruined djedefre pyramid.
While spending half a Day with. Some local tsuk tsuk drivers i ve been to places i ve never seen any body go .
Found the djedefre pyramid after all thanks too google map s.
And Explored it and took loads of pics.
IT actually was party built on a existing hill , with Stones added here and there.
Chefrens pyramid is also partially built from bedrock on the western side IT looks like around 3 layers, it aint aliens after all, Just a bit of cheating / convinience by humans.
Aboe Roash djedefre pyramid Just doesn't look like the best construction , that s probably why its a pile of rubble instead of a mysterious explosion, the deep underground entrance is Nice to see Though.
Further all the granite Casingstones ive seen are repair work , to cover up the corroded away sandstone /limestone, its obvious when you see things for real instead of you tube.
Just looking at the constructions on the Giza plateau and the corrosion repairworks this could indeed be very very old. And a major undertaking which i still dont understand complete ly how they did it

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing