Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Megalithic old structures how did they cut move 1200 ton stones ???

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Whip View Post
    I will just say that the issue of water erosion of the Sphinx is not well accepted in the field.
    I thought water erosion from bellow was actually obvious, where as too down it is clean it was resculpted.

Also, they figured out recently that they poured loads of water in front of the bricks they were moving, which was the last step of the puzzle as to how you can move big blocks over a desert area to the nile or such. It was actually depicted somewhere, but no one "clicked" with it till a few years ago.

While I dont know the true purpose of the pyramids, you have to admit that it is a hell or a curious thing that when that german used a robot with w camera to explore the "queens" chambers, the egyptian gov confiscated the footage. Also the possible path underneith somewhere around the Sphinx to the pyramid is a curious thing...

It does seem clear that the great pyramids where not made, or at least started, by Khufu & Khafre. I will say that I really wish I could have seen them completed, back when they shined really bright as they were covered in polished limestone.
    Industry Affiliation: Folsom

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] andromedaaudio's Avatar
    To add further according to this information, they had to either quarry a +- 1200 ton raw quartzite stone block , or carve it at the quarry to its 700 ton final shape , and then sail it upstream on the nile to Luxor and place it , the base was 500 ton and they made 2 statues .
    That they were really clever is a fact and I dont doubt that

from the net :
    Gebel el Ahmar[4] is located near Cairo on the east bank of the Nile, near the suburb of Heliopolis. The name means Red Mountain. The site was in full production in the times of Akhenaton, Amenhophis III, Tutankhamon, and Ramses III. The quarry was directed by Huy, known as "Chief of the King's Works", and also by Hori.

Typical materials known from this site are:

Celestine and quartzite or red sandstone
    Some of the monuments known to come from this site are:

The Colossi of Memnon

Member Addicted to Best! NorthStar's Avatar
    I added that short video on my prior post (previous page):
    All the Very Best, - Bob --------- "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison --------- AudiophileAudition

It is surprising what you can come up with when you have such strong limitations.
    Industry Affiliation: Folsom

But then still , I looked it up a typical large wooden VOC ship from the 1600 s could carry around 600 tons .
    But to carry a massive stone block even heavier would require a complete different type of ship , because it becomes easily top heavy off course.
    May be they used a big barge , certainly not the kind of ships they show in the movie or khufus sunboat, a ton is doable but 700 or more

Our Egyptian guide told us that more then half of the obelisks / large statues they (europeans )moved from Egypt either sunk or broke into pieces because they couldn't handle them
    Last edited by andromedaaudio; 10-05-2017 at 07:36 AM.

japanese researchers did a muon scan of the great pyramid(khufu ? ) and found a yet undiscovered big void

Screenshot-2017-11-2 Piramide van Gizeh bevat 30 meter lange verborgen ruimte Foto by andromeda61, on Flickr

And the most beautifull shot yet ive seen of the middle(chefren ? ) pyramid , hope to shoot some pics myself before years end

Screenshot-2017-11-2 Piramide van Gizeh bevat 30 meter lange verborgen ruimte Foto(1) by andromeda61, on Flickr
    Last edited by andromedaaudio; 11-02-2017 at 12:04 PM.

That shot is indeed impressive, wow.

You took it, Sir Andromeda!?
    All the Very Best, - Bob --------- "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison --------- AudiophileAudition

No unfortunately not, hope to shoot something like that with my leica glass.

here is the pressrelease of the discovery ,how they will be able to get into it without damage will be quite a challenge i suppose

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-41845445

Thank you for the link, it is fascinating, very.

Question: Is it correct to keep exploring and digging and climbing the sacred constructions of men and women life and death in their time on Earth with their faith on heaven...afterlife?

I only ask for respect of history, ancestry, mind and body and soul.
    I'm sure they are very careful, and they use the latest laser technology.

This too; my family, and I too, are, want to be under a tree of life when departed for good...ashes to ashes to be or not to be all that purifying jazz of life and death and the whole undiscovered universe yet. ...Which keep expanding.

What if the great pyramid was not only a sacred tomb but also the majestic shaped diamond pointing to the stars in order to attract the gods of protection and angels of immortality?

What if they were building the pyramids as to not be disturbed for eternity?
    Just a genuine and sincere question.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234