Does anyone have experience with the SR-Z1 outlets from Shunyata?

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Thinking about replacing an Oyaide I have that has lost its grip.

Thoughts?

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Yes I have some, but find their new Cuppercon outlets far superior

Thanks Russ. I was wondering about the CopperConn outlets.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Yes I have some, but find their new Cuppercon outlets far superior

Russ, can you buy these separate from the devices? I cannot seem to locate ones for sale other than the SR-Z1 outlets.

caesar

May 30, 2010
Four or five years ago, I replaced several Oyaide R1 outlets with Shunyata model you mention. I think the Shunyata outlets are more dynamic than the Oyaide. The latter sounded soft and "toobey" to me. Kind of like putting a tube amp on a tough-to-drive speaker, and you get a nice midrange when girls sing, but don't get the dynamic snap of real instruments (and there is nothing wrong with the midrange using Shunyata outlets). YMMV!!!

Jerryb

Dec 4, 2015
Hi

I would like to learn more about theses copper outlets as well.

Thanks

Jerry

Four or five years ago, I replaced several Oyaide R1 outlets with Shunyata model you mention. I think the Shunyata outlets are more dynamic than the Oyaide. The latter sounded soft and "toobey" to me. Kind of like putting a tube amp on a tough-to-drive speaker, and you get a nice midrange when girls sing, but don't get the dynamic snap of real instruments (and there is nothing wrong with the midrange using Shunyata outlets). YMMV!!!

caesar

May 30, 2010
Hi

I would like to learn more about theses copper outlets as well.

Thanks

Jerry

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand the question. Do you mind re-phrasing?

I bought the Oyaide R1s based on a recommendation of an audiophile who primarily listens to audiophile music, i.e. female vocals, etc. I'm not sure what they are made from, but they were not for me. In the end, it's a bear to try different outlets, unless you really enjoy wiring and unwiring things. :) Shunyata is fairly inexpensive and has great performance.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia

Thanks Caesar!

Jerryb

Dec 4, 2015
Thanks Caesar!
Unluess I am reading the thread incorrectly, it appears that Shunyata are selling a different product from the SR-Z1.....namely a product called Coppercon! Am I misunderstanding?

Thanks

Jerry

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Unluess I am reading the thread incorrectly, it appears that Shunyata are selling a different product from the SR-Z1.....namely a product called Coppercon! Am I misunderstanding?

Thanks

Jerry

Jerry, my read is that the SR-Z1s are available for purchase as separate items but that CopperConn are only included in the device itself.

Hopefully GrantS will weigh in. Maybe they are planning to sell the CopperConn separately.

GrantS

Industry Expert
Oct 23, 2013
Jerry, my read is that the SR-Z1s are available for purchase as separate items but that CopperConn are only included in the device itself.

Hopefully GrantS will weigh in. Maybe they are planning to sell the CopperConn separately.

Hi,

It's possible we will sell the CopperConn outlets and connectors as OEM items or commercially in the future, but for now we appreciate having a unique in-house advantage in parts and materials over more common offerings. I cannot say with certainty when these items may be available. It is a topic we cover frequently in house, so I will keep everyone informed. One certainty is that the outlets will cost more than your average outlet. The CopperConn outlets and AC connectors are made from solid Tellurian copper and not simply plated with an ultra-thin layer of precious-metal over brass. There is a substantive difference given that the core of an outlet's metallurgy is more relevant to peak current transfer than a thin plate of metal over common brass.

We will make an announcement if Caelin decides to release the CopperConn connectors and outlets commercially.

Thank you for the inquiry.

Best regards,

Grant

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Hi,

It's possible we will sell the CopperConn outlets and connectors as OEM items or commercially in the future, but for now we appreciate having a unique in-house advantage in parts and materials over more common offerings. I cannot say with certainty when these items may be available. It is a topic we cover frequently in house, so I will keep everyone informed. One certainty is that the outlets will cost more than your average outlet. The CopperConn outlets and AC connectors are made from solid Tellurian copper and not simply plated with an ultra-thin layer of precious-metal over brass. There is a substantive difference given that the core of an outlet's metallurgy is more relevant to peak current transfer than a thin plate of metal over common brass.

We will make an announcement if Caelin decides to release the CopperConn connectors and outlets commercially.

Thank you for the inquiry.

Best regards,

Grant

Thanks Grant. I hope you bring them to market.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing