Biocentrism — A New Theory Of Everything — | What Happens When You Die?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
http://biocentrismnews.com/biocentrism-what-happens-when-you-die/?gclid=CK7_vpOg_88CFRBEfgodvCkK7A

"It becomes clear why space and time — and even the properties of matter itself — depend on the observer.

One well-known aspect of quantum physics is that certain observations cannot be predicted absolutely. Instead, there is a range of possible observations each with a different probability. One mainstream explanation, the “many-worlds” interpretation, states that there are an infinite number of universes (the ‘multiverse’). Everything that can possibly happen occurs in some universe. Death doesn’t exist in any real sense in these scenarios since all of them exist simultaneously regardless of what happens in any of them. Although individual bodies are destined to self-destruct, the alive feeling — the ‘Who am I?’— is just a 20-watt fountain of energy operating in the brain. But this energy doesn’t go away at death. One of the surest axioms of science is that energy never dies; it can’t be created or destroyed. But does this energy transcend from one world to the other?

According to Biocentrism, space and time are not the hard cold objects we think. In truth, you can’t see anything through the bone that surrounds your brain. Your eyes are not portals to the world. Everything you see and experience right now — even your body — is a whirl of information occurring in your mind. Wave your hand through the air — if you take everything away, what’s left? Nothing. The same thing applies for time. Space and time are simply the tools for putting everything together.

Death does not exist in a timeless, spaceless world. Einstein knew this. In 1955, when his lifelong friend Michele Besso died, he wrote: “Now he has departed from this strange world a little ahead of me. That means nothing. People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.” Immortality doesn’t mean a perpetual existence in time without end, but rather resides outside of time altogether."

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I read the entire article. It sounds very "Rod Serling-ish".

I am quite confident that when we die, like the dinosaurs, we rot in the ground.

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
I read the entire article. It sounds very "Rod Serling-ish".

I am quite confident that when we die, like the dinosaurs, we rot in the ground.

..so the soul is a mythical thing?

opus112

Feb 24, 2016
Zhejiang
Hoffman calls his view 'Conscious realism' and you can read a recent article about his work here : https://www.quantamagazine.org/20160421-the-evolutionary-argument-against-reality/

Here's something striking, at least for me from this interview -

We have two hemispheres in our brain. But when you do a split-brain operation, a complete transection of the corpus callosum, you get clear evidence of two separate consciousnesses. Before that slicing happened, it seemed there was a single unified consciousness. So it’s not implausible that there is a single conscious agent. And yet it’s also the case that there are two conscious agents there, and you can see that when they’re split. I didn’t expect that, the mathematics forced me to recognize this. It suggests that I can take separate observers, put them together and create new observers, and keep doing this ad infinitum. It’s conscious agents all the way down.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Its a new name, but no really new discoveries there that hadn't been talked about before by (for example) Humberto Maturana and Donald Hoffman. Hoffman calls his view 'Conscious realism' and you can read a recent article about his work here : https://www.quantamagazine.org/20160421-the-evolutionary-argument-against-reality/

I am right in the middle of reading this great article/interview Richard.

A quote from it:

"... experiences are the real coin of the realm. The experiences of everyday life — my real feeling of a headache, my real taste of chocolate — that really is the ultimate nature of reality."

opus112

Feb 24, 2016
Zhejiang
This bit appears to me the most relevant to the discussions which continue on here :

The idea that what we’re doing is measuring publicly accessible objects, the idea that objectivity results from the fact that you and I can measure the same object in the exact same situation and get the same results — it’s very clear from quantum mechanics that that idea has to go.

witchdoctor

Apr 23, 2016
http://biocentrismnews.com/biocentrism-what-happens-when-you-die/?gclid=CK7_vpOg_88CFRBEfgodvCkK7A

"It becomes clear why space and time — and even the properties of matter itself — depend on the observer.

One well-known aspect of quantum physics is that certain observations cannot be predicted absolutely. Instead, there is a range of possible observations each with a different probability. One mainstream explanation, the “many-worlds” interpretation, states that there are an infinite number of universes (the ‘multiverse’). Everything that can possibly happen occurs in some universe. Death doesn’t exist in any real sense in these scenarios since all of them exist simultaneously regardless of what happens in any of them. Although individual bodies are destined to self-destruct, the alive feeling — the ‘Who am I?’— is just a 20-watt fountain of energy operating in the brain. But this energy doesn’t go away at death. One of the surest axioms of science is that energy never dies; it can’t be created or destroyed. But does this energy transcend from one world to the other?

According to Biocentrism, space and time are not the hard cold objects we think. In truth, you can’t see anything through the bone that surrounds your brain. Your eyes are not portals to the world. Everything you see and experience right now — even your body — is a whirl of information occurring in your mind. Wave your hand through the air — if you take everything away, what’s left? Nothing. The same thing applies for time. Space and time are simply the tools for putting everything together.

Death does not exist in a timeless, spaceless world. Einstein knew this. In 1955, when his lifelong friend Michele Besso died, he wrote: “Now he has departed from this strange world a little ahead of me. That means nothing. People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.” Immortality doesn’t mean a perpetual existence in time without end, but rather resides outside of time altogether."

If you like this you might also like the books by Carlos Castenada.

Last edited:

elcorso

VIP/Donor
Nov 19, 2013
Rainforest
If you like this I you might also like the books by Carlos Castenada.

Or ingest some peyote that Don Juan, the Yaqui shaman and main character in Mr. Castaneda books, induced him to ingest.

I read some of his books, but being scared about peyote ingesting I didn't live the full experience :), but you are very right, it's about the same theory (experiences?).

Roch

witchdoctor

Apr 23, 2016
Or ingest some peyote that Don Juan, the Yaqui shaman and main character in Mr. Castaneda books, induced him to ingest.

I read some of his books, but being scared about peyote ingesting I didn't live the full experience :), but you are very right, it's about the same theory (experiences?).

Roch

Evertime I read those books I take away something new and interesting, even if it was just a work of fiction.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
If you like this you might also like the books by Carlos Castenada.

It's only a short article that drew my attention (from my first original post).
Last year one of my good friends asked me what comes after death; I said life keeps on living, nothing happens, you're gone.
His beautiful and good living spirit wife was present when he asked me that; they both looked @ me and they couldn't disagree; their expression was serene.
When her Dad passed away few months back she came sitting on the deck with me, and she said; "Way to go Dad!" with a smile, and adding..."I'll have the best memories." Her Dad, Bruce, was a very gentle man, very humble, extremely peaceful, a good man. The first time I met him no words were exchanged @ first, we simply looked @ each other in the eyes and we both felt the peace. It's not everyday you meet people like that, but yes we do sometimes; I remember few women where only the eye contact with a smile was all the best exchange. ...For few minutes, for a moment in time.

When my Dad passed away he got closer to me, to my heart and spirit. So death can help reuniting the chains even stronger. As a live observer the passing away of my Dad was to discover and better understand who he was and what influenced his life; it was a closer relationship, a passing of the flame from one another, from death to life, from life to death.
Connections...in life as in death, and stronger every single day, dead or/and alive.

It's the people who are alive and living who are in the now, and remember the good moments of the departed loved ones. In life as in death love and peace keep the force alive.

I did not read his books, I've only heard about him: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Castaneda

Roch

"Castaneda withdrew from public view in 1973 to work further on his inner development, living in a large house with three women whom he called "Fellow Travellers of Awareness", and who were ready to cut their ties to family and changed their names. He founded Cleargreen, an organization that promoted tensegrity, purportedly a traditional Toltec regimen of spiritually powerful exercises."
______

I don't know the guy, I don't judge him; he was who he was...Carlos Castenada. I wish him eternal happy life.

* One of my sisters is flying to France and then to Spain tomorrow. I emailed her to wish her a great and beautiful trip, and with my love.
______

It's us, how we live and perceive life and death that is the essence. ...All of us living together and dying together too.
Personally I don't need any drugs; my mind is my drug, and WBF is one of my suppliers. :b ...The music and the passion...the systems...the sound.

______

Bonus:

When we die the music ? keeps playing... Is there something else? ...Is there something out there. We, alive all of us, are the ones listening to the music, and playing it.
When we die the music just keeps playing... So, death is a celebration as life itself.
______

What happens when you die? How do you see? Can you hear some music playing when you're gone?

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing