Help with getting new headset + mic

Johnkeys

Oct 28, 2016
Hello so i have a qpad qh-90 and been having issues with it almost since day one... Mic stopped working shortly after i got it, but since i did not really use it much at the time i did not care...
Today left side of the headset stopped working, and i decided it was time for a change.

So i was thinking about buying a used sennheiser hd-598 with a AntLion ModMic. It would be around 139 british pounds for those two. The used 598 looked in prime condition and seller claimed it was hardly used...
I was also considering buying sennheiser game one for around 169 euro's...

They would mostly be used for music, gaming & skype or other voice com programs. I have an integrated soundcard from my ASRock H97 Anniversary mobo. Abit unsure if it can utilize
the headsets as they should be, or if i need some other tech or a soundcard.

I'm abit unsure what headset to get, id prefer to get something decent instead of buying "****" like the qh-90.
I have no proper knowledge of the subject and would gladly accept any suggestions for headsets / headphone + mic combo... and if need be, if i should invest in a soundcard or other tech.

Though i will only be able to buy a headset / headphone + mic this month (November), and the rest next month (December) as my income is sorta low.

Any help is much appreciated!
If any information is needed, please let me know and ill get back asap!

Thanks ahead

-Johnkeys

Johnkeys

Oct 28, 2016
So tomorrow ill order a HD-598 + ModMic vs Game One headset.
Or anything better in the 200 euro price range. Any information and/or suggestions would be MUCH appreciated

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing