Bob Stuart video on Active Speakers

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Thanks to Bjorn for posting this in another forum. As always, Bob Stuart speaks with authority and science behind the high-end work they do. While I have heard and know of the many of the benefits of active speakers, Bob puts these in a nicer context to appreciate.

[video]http://www.cinenow.co.uk/videos/318-meridians-bob-stuart-on-digital-slash-dsp-loudspeakers[/video]

Edit: fixed Bob's last name spelling :).

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Amir, just a simple observation; I noticed that in your title you wrote 'Steward' with a 'd',
and in your post 'Stewart' with a 't'.

Now, I'm quite familiar with Meridian speaker designer and chief engineer Bob Stuart (as an avid reader of his creations).

That's it, like I said, ...'Stuart' is the right spelling. :) ...I'll be making a lot of typos myself, and with my French background, even few grammatical errors...

Bob

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I make that mistake once a day and twice on Sunday :). And embarrassingly too. Many moons ago they adopted a technology we (Microsoft) were advocating. People challenged me saying that was not the case. I go on and say it was and name Bob as I did here. Well, like you someone corrects me taking my credibility. We had to get Bob to come and post that it was true before anyone would believe me!

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
I stopped when he started getting into DSP, though I am interested and will watch the rest later. Up to that point, I agreed with everything (surprise!) but one point: Where are these pro speakers that are powered, not true actives? I've looked into an awful lot of pro and semi-pro (inexpensive stuff made for home studios) monitors and they were all true actives. Where you find "powered" speakers, it seems to me is in the domestic market.

Tim

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing