Why 'Deadpool 2' Is Falling Apart

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Backlash?

Ya but Netflix isn't using Thomas Jane, and it's going to be some unauthentic sissy version. DareDevil isn't that good on Netflix, and it's slow as hell. That isn't the Punisher. His M.O. is slaughtering scores of bad guys at a time by doing things like opening up a machine gun on their dinner party in a restaurant or something. He scares the Joker, not quibbles about.

The only good Netflix about a superhero in Marvel is Luke Cage.

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
Ya but Netflix isn't using Thomas Jane, and it's going to be some unauthentic sissy version.

Bernthal did a great job, so much so they're thinking of having the character get his own series.

DareDevil isn't that good on Netflix, and it's slow as hell.

It has some slow moments for sure, but it isn't slow overall: the pace is right for a made-for-TV/Netflix series.

Not like Hannibal S03, which is slow all the time - all the characters are caricatures, and without any reason.

beaur

Fleetwood Sound
Oct 12, 2011
Brooklyn
Marvel/Disney owns everything except Spiderman (Sony) , X-Men (FOX), not sure who has the rights to FF4 but does anybody really care? :D

Well FF4 was my favorite as a kid. Had all the the comics from Issue 1 on until about 100. Yes the movies were not very good but I watched anyway as I am such a fan. Would love a great reboot.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Unfortunately while Dr Doom was IMO really cool in the reboot, they went mucking around again and screwed up the four. Sue and Johnny were adopted? Oh boy.

Reed and Sues son is a mutant by the way so as an X fan I do wish they did do the books justice as the little guy plays an important role in the X universe because of his relationship with Cyclops' daughter Rachel. :(

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
Yes the movies were not very good but I watched anyway as I am such a fan. Would love a great reboot.

Maybe it just works better as a comic.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

Our comic heroes are coming up with more and more humor than ever.
It's the new trend; beats too much seriousness.
If we look @ the few last comic book movies recently it is very much so.
Deadpool exploits this to the max; with our main character directly looking @ the camera and being humorous with us, talking directly to the audience.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I saw Deadpool 2 today and thought it was just OK. I liked the first Deadpool movie much more.

I was not a big comic book aficionado like some of you guys so have no way to measure whether this movie (or any other comic book movie) was true to the original story or not, just whether I like the movie or not.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Saw it this week and loved it.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
I saw Deadpool 2 today and thought it was just OK. I liked the first Deadpool movie much more.

I was not a big comic book aficionado like some of you guys so have no way to measure whether this movie (or any other comic book movie) was true to the original story or not, just whether I like the movie or not.

+1. Kinda lame story.

Then again, I really wasn't a huge fan of the first.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Deadpool is easy in a way. If they get you to laugh and throw in a lot of gore while doing so, they've basically got it right.

I must admit that I am not excited to see any more comic based movies but okay just one more :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing