Esoteric X 01 or P 05 or ... as transport for external DAC

mojoetoo

Jul 25, 2014
alabama
Hello all. I have an Ayon CD5s w/ a Philips CD Pro 2 transport that has required replacement twice in the 5 years I've owned it so I was looking to get a more durable and sonically stable transport for use with an external DAC. From reading it seems the VRDS transport from TEAC/Esoteric in its many renditions would be a good option. Currently available on the secondary market are an X 01 w/ as I understand it the same transport as the P 01 and also a P 05 transport. Any thoughts as to which would be a better transport as they are similar in price now? Thanks for your considerations.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing