Marvel's Netflix TV Shows...

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Hi

For starters: I am not a Series person or at least I like to think I am not :).. I made sure I never get sucked in the de-rigeur-cliffhanger to be seen in the next episodes or next year.. I started watching Games of Throne and once I realized it was a series and ... I was off .. Same with Suits, House of Cards Men in Suits...any series .. Then I watched Agent Carter ... well .. not so bad but nothing to be excited about .. No binge watching just watched a few episodes and that was it .. then watched Luke Cage ... OK I was hooked .. there, was an indestructible hero that came across so real so wanting to be normal as to hurt you with his own pain and his not desired indestructibility ... OK that is an excellent show ... BTW Luke Cage is not a TV Series it is an Excellent series of Films.Perhaps the exception, I said, Marvel/Netflix can't strike gold regularly or can they? .. ...moving on to the next one since by now I am more than interested, started watching Jessica Jones.. People! that is as good or perhaps better than Luke Cage , this is as good as it gets... this is well.. excellent .. this is worthy of praise , effusion and deep analysis of what TV can do and why it is necessary to have a well thought , well planned and equipped HT with the largest screen your environment and budget can offer.... Back to Jessica Jones. Production is stellar, better than many big-budget movies... Acting is beyond excellent as is casting: I don't see how you can have a better performance in a Series than Krysten Ritter as Jessica Jones , ain't going to happen people... I mean she broods, she drinks, she fight and she is a woman .. you have to wonder if she isn't too deep in her role for her own sanity but ... then there is the deliciously evil Killgrave played to perfection by David Tennant. Can you be more powerful (when you control mind to that extent then you have absolute power unless some are immune and Jessica wasn't ;)) , so conflicted and so ugly while being as smooth and buttery as he is in this role? .. I doubt it... I watched the entire season and want for more I doubt they can better that first season...
Back to Luke Cage .. same amazing over the top excellent acting and cast .. Mahershala Ali's Cottonmouth performance is so consistently good you ache to see him lose a few things ( no spoiler...:)) although he's the Villain, that men deserves his own main billing movie or series anything he fill the screen with a persona we have seen from few actors who would play the villain then there is Alfre Woodard and then there is Mike Colter .. who looks like he was made to play Luke Cage.. He slides in the role and you never see anyone but Luke a normal human being a huge man for sure but not cut and chiseled with a laser spandex-wearing super-hero, No! Just a normal guy wanting a Life. A Normal Life.. while knowing full-well it won't happen when neither hypodermic needles nor bullets go through your skin and you heal almost instantly for any bruise you might suffer in a scuffle. When he professes not wanting to be hero , you believe him.. You can feel those abilities are not things he really wanted, they just happened.

Not to be lost in all this praise excellence are : The production, The Directing, The Stories, they're all excellent. It may sound hyperbolic.. Just watch.. Just .. Watch! :)

We're definitely in a golden TV period! No longer is TV a Cinema's potentially less-artistic little brother or poor parent. It stands as genre of its own. It has become an Art form ( The 8th?).

I have more to say about these but let it be said that I started binge watching Daredevil and .. yes it is that kind of good too..

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Ditto on Jessica Jones & Dare Devil! Thanks for the Luke Cage heads up, will watch it today.
david

asindc

Sep 27, 2012
Both Jessica Jones and Luke Cage are great shows. Both lead actors are exceptional.

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
I hope you don't lose too much watching these shows in reverse chronological order!

Daredevil is amazing. I wrote a couple of reviews on its own thread somewhere here. Be ready for a great ride, some slow downs here and there, but excellent Season 1, and fantastic follow-up in S02 as well. Both binge material IMO.

Jessica Jones, after DD, didn't catch my attention that much. There are some very odd plot holes there, the ending appears anti-climactic.

If you liked them, be ready for Iron Fist!, later on perhaps The Punisher! and then...

... The Defenders!

DD is the best Marvel I have seen so far, with incredible acting and writing as well as some epic fight scenes, quite faithful to the comics around the 80s, together with "X-Men: First Class" (mostly because of Fassbender here). I still have to watch Age of Ultron, Deadpool, Civil War...

Enjoy!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing