2 new tapes from UltraAnalogue Recordings

Edward Pong

Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2013
Locust Hill, Ontario
I'm happy to announce the release of 2 new tapes of exciting repertoire...

1) Beethoven Violin Sonata No.3 and Ravel Tzigane

2) Schubert Grand Fantasy and The Swan

By violinist Xiang Yu & pianist Yun-Yang Lee

The Schubert Fantasy is known to be the most difficult piece in the whole music repertoire...

Xiang said... " it sounds beautiful AND easy... but is the most difficult for BOTH the violinist & pianist..." it's taken me 2 years to convince them to record this..
Schubert was a genius... incredible music

Ed

jtinn

Industry Expert
Apr 20, 2010
I'm happy to announce the release of 2 new tapes of exciting repertoire...

1) Beethoven Violin Sonata No.3 and Ravel Tzigane

2) Schubert Grand Fantasy and The Swan

By violinist Xiang Yu & pianist Yun-Yang Lee

The Schubert Fantasy is known to be the most difficult piece in the whole music repertoire...

Xiang said... " it sounds beautiful AND easy... but is the most difficult for BOTH the violinist & pianist..." it's taken me 2 years to convince them to record this..
Schubert was a genius... incredible music

Ed

Fantastic Ed. I can't wait to hear them. I am sure they will be spectacular!

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
They are! I received them a week ago. I especially think the Ravel Tzigane (recorded in one! take) and the Schubert Grand Fantasy are very special. As usual, Ed has captured the sense of space in his home concert hall, and both Xiang Yu and Yun-Yang Lee are extraordinary musicians. Ed and Tony tweaked Ed's system earlier this year and there are real sonic improvements over what were already fine recordings. If you look through Ed's catalogue of chamber music and solo instrumental classical music, almost all of the pieces are not available in any other 15ips 2 track tape format. (I have close to 40 of his albums!).

Larry

Edward Pong

Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2013
Locust Hill, Ontario
Yes Tony & I have been working on the special record & playback tube amps for the Studers... but the real credit needs to go to the musicians who bring these passionate performances of the most enduring music of all time, to life!

Bravo to Xiang, Sietse-Jan, Yun-Yang, Tatsuki & very soon an amazing cellist on the world concert circuit.... (to be announced once the ink is dry...)

15 ips 2 track tape really brings them into your listening room...

Ed

Greg Beron / UHA

Member Sponsor
Apr 5, 2012
Washington DC
www.unitedhomeaudio.com
I have the Ravel Tzigane by Xiang Yu & Yun-Yang Lee, so i can speak first hand on that tape.

First time I heard it I listened to it in the dark to avoid visual distractions.
I listened at what I felt would have been a realistic volume level to best mimic the sound when the piece was recorded.

At the end of the piece I sat in disbelief that someone could play all those notes and all those intricate sounds in just one pass, not only with zero mistakes but with such emotion.
I backed the damn tape up and had to listen a second time to confirm my first impression was valid... it was.

What a demo tape, I will be bringing it to the shows for sure.
Also... buy it, you need to hear this performance!

audioguy1958

Feb 8, 2015
I have both tapes, and they are wonderful recordings/performances. I think I prefer the Beethoven Violin Sonata 3 - Tzigane more, but they are both very much worth owning. It's too bad Ed can't fit an entire symphony into his recording studio, I'd love to see him recording larger musical works!!!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing