Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2

Quote Originally Posted by Frank750 View Post
    Is there in fact a V2 version of the Goldfinger Statement available? I can't find any indication of a V2 anywhere on the internet, whether it be the Clearaudio website or the various sellers of the cartridge. The only places I see Statement V2 mentioned is here on WBF and EBay.
    Good question. You had me wondering for a minute. I just opened my GFS box. On the cover of the owners manual is says Moving Coil V2...then a few of their models such as the GFS.
    Speakers: Rockport Altair 2
    Preamp: Robert Koda K10
    Amp: Nagra HD Amps
    Cables: Transparent Opus Gen 5 & Magnum Opus phono
    Power Transparent Opus, Opus Source Power Cords & Opus Power Isolators
    Power Shunyata DPC-6 v2
    Digital dCS Vivaldi full stack w/ Transparent Reference XL Digital cables
    Phono: Grand Prix Monaco TT, Spiral Groove Centroid, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2, Nagra VPS/VFS/MPS
    Racks: Grand Prix Audio Silverstone F1

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] Mike Lavigne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JackD201 View Post
    I had the same initial experience with my GFS. It really is very finicky especially when it comes to VTF and SRA as I suppose all long cantilever designs are. Get it right and the thinness and etch are exorcised. Congrats jfrech!
    Quote Originally Posted by jfrech View Post
    That long cantilever is a bit disconcerting at first. I was afraid of a accident. But you get used to it...thanks !!
    I've owned 7 vdH Colibri's which are even much worse as they hardly even have a body to hold (the magnet structure is exposed) in addition to the naked cantilever. mounting those was a 'sweaty palms' affair for sure.
    Last edited by Mike Lavigne; 10-14-2016 at 04:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rockitman View Post
    Most likely the next cart I will try when I'm in the mood for a change. Perfect output match for my Lamm low output transformer. Thanks for the write-up.
    Christian, are you still digging your Lamm LP1 phono? Been a longer term now...are you using it and the Allnic about equally? And yes, I think the loading on the MC2 input of your LP1 is about spot on at 430 ohms. I'm running my Nagra at 470 ohms.
    Speakers: Rockport Altair 2
    Preamp: Robert Koda K10
    Amp: Nagra HD Amps
    Cables: Transparent Opus Gen 5 & Magnum Opus phono
    Power Transparent Opus, Opus Source Power Cords & Opus Power Isolators
    Power Shunyata DPC-6 v2
    Digital dCS Vivaldi full stack w/ Transparent Reference XL Digital cables
    Phono: Grand Prix Monaco TT, Spiral Groove Centroid, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2, Nagra VPS/VFS/MPS
    Racks: Grand Prix Audio Silverstone F1

[WBF Founding Member] Addicted to Best! JackD201's Avatar
    Enough to give one a nervous breakdown LOL
    Disclosure of Industry Participation

Co-Founder and Managing Director PureSound PH - Exclusive Distributor (Philippines only) of Lamm, Von Schweikert Audio, CH Precision, Light Harmonic, Valvet, Townshend, Critical Mass Systems, EERA, KR Audio, Ambience SS, TechDAS, Master Built

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! MadFloyd's Avatar
    That long cantilever is a bit disconcerting at first. I was afraid of a accident. But you get used to it...thanks !!
    Does the GFS have a longer cantilever than the Ortofon A95?
    Speakers: Magico M-Project w/MPods Amplification: CAT JL7s (preamp and phono TBD)
    Analog: Kronos Pro Limited Edition / Black Beauty tonearm / Zyx Universe Premium, Ortofon A95
    Digital: Roon / dCS Vivaldi DAC/Upsampler
    Cables/Power: Kubala Sosna cables / Shunyata Denali 6000T, Sigma Zitron PC's / Furutech outlets
    Misc: Steve Blinn Designs rack & amp stands

I have Goldfinger statement since 1 year on Bergmann Sindre and i think is the best cartridge i listen.
    I know very well Kondo IOM,Atlas,Koetsu Jade,Air tight pc1,Audio Tekne,ecc,but this is really incredible.
    All my friends with top cartridge find this cartridge the best and all would like to buy.
    Regards
    Gianluigi

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! rockitman's Avatar
    Christian, are you still digging your Lamm LP1 phono? Been a longer term now...are you using it and the Allnic about equally? And yes, I think the loading on the MC2 input of your LP1 is about spot on at 430 ohms. I'm running my Nagra at 470 ohms.
    yes..I do use both phono stages. I have the AF1 stereo arm plugged into the Lamm Hi Output transformer. I found the low output input to have a bit too little gain for my Koetsu Coralstone cart. I feel the dynamics suffer a bit...although I am not 100% sure of this phenomena. The Clearaudio master Innovation stereo arm is plugged into the Allnic. It's has a Ortofon A90 on it. Finally, my mono arm with a Lyra Olympos Mono SL is plugged into the Allnic. In terms of which one I prefer, I still can't answer it. They are both great phono stages. They are used pretty equally.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! MadFloyd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rockitman View Post
    yes..I do use both phono stages. I have the AF1 stereo arm plugged into the Lamm Hi Output transformer. I found the low output input to have a bit too little gain for my Koetsu Coralstone cart. I feel the dynamics suffer a bit...although I am not 100% sure of this phenomena. The Clearaudio master Innovation stereo arm is plugged into the Allnic. It's has a Ortofon A90 on it. Finally, my mono arm with a Lyra Olympos Mono SL is plugged into the Allnic. In terms of which one I prefer, I still can't answer it. They are both great phono stages. They are used pretty equally.
    That's great that you can cycle between those variations and enjoy them all!
    Speakers: Magico M-Project w/MPods Amplification: CAT JL7s (preamp and phono TBD)
    Analog: Kronos Pro Limited Edition / Black Beauty tonearm / Zyx Universe Premium, Ortofon A95
    Digital: Roon / dCS Vivaldi DAC/Upsampler
    Cables/Power: Kubala Sosna cables / Shunyata Denali 6000T, Sigma Zitron PC's / Furutech outlets
    Misc: Steve Blinn Designs rack & amp stands

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! rockitman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    That's great that you can cycle between those variations and enjoy them all!
    It also allows me to use my second TT w/o having to unplug wires. Prior to the Lamm, I hardly ever listened to the Clearaudio table. It is a great sounding table worthy of being played.

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] Mike Lavigne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gian60 View Post
    I have Goldfinger statement since 1 year on Bergmann Sindre and i think is the best cartridge i listen.
    I know very well Kondo IOM,Atlas,Koetsu Jade,Air tight pc1,Audio Tekne,ecc,but this is really incredible.
    All my friends with top cartridge find this cartridge the best and all would like to buy.
    Regards
    Gianluigi
    Gianluigi,

thank you for the feedback about your preference for the Goldfinger Statement, particularly relative to those other outstanding cartridges.

Mike

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast