Help needed mighty please ! Emotiva Airmotiv 6s issue !

ElChicoDiablo

Oct 11, 2016
Hi everyone

I just bought a pair of Emotiva Airmotive 6s from ebay from US ( Im in EU )
The speakers got home I switch them to 220V from 110V (they have a voltage switcher).
They are active speakers both having a volume knob on the front down right side.
So far so good, both seemed to work.
The problem is that while one of them can really ramp up the volume extremely high the other one sounds extremely low ..like cant even beat my regular pc desktop crappy speakers. Everything is maxed on pc , Audioengine D1 DAC
and the Emotiva speaker with the problem. I swaped the cables between both of them and the problem still persist.
Can you guys help me, please ?
Thank you !

ElChicoDiablo

Oct 11, 2016
Well it worked for the 1st one for sure.And I did it for the 2nd one.I presumed it did work if I heard nothing blowing away and the speaker still works albeit with the incremental low volume malfunction. Would it still work if the fuses have been blown away ?

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I'm not familiar with those speakers, but my own experience of importing from the USA a pair of YG Kipod Signature passives may be relevant.
When I first set them up the left hand speaker seemed a little shy compared to the right on, but I had to go out and I attributed it to the fact that the positioning needed tweaking.
The next day after a bit of adjustment they sounded fine and when my trade guru arrived later he thought they sounded good. A little later however he realised something wasn't right. Sure enough there was a problem. The left tweeter wasn't working.
A quick call to Jim Diamond at YG identified the likely cause as being the snap on cable connection to the tweeter having been shaken off on the journey. When we checked he was spot on and once the cable was reconnected everything was fine.
It's probably worth checking if you have a similar problem.

ElChicoDiablo

Oct 11, 2016
Im a complete newbee on audiophile devices and engineering :(
The fact is the max volume on one of them is like 20% from the max volume of the other one.
It does work going from min to max in normal incremental steps however the max volume obtained is a joke :(

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
OK understood.
There may be another member or members who are more familiar with your speakers than I am who can give you a better diagnosis of the problem and if so I am sure they will post.
In the meantime I suggest you email the manufacturers with the serial nos etc of your speakers, explain the problem and ask if they can advise you of the likely cause. The chances are that it has happened before and they will be able to advise you on how to remedy it.

ElChicoDiablo

Oct 11, 2016
I tried to ..when they found I didnt shop from them but from a 3rd party they stop answering my emails and it seems they refuse to help me :(

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Bob, you're so explicit!

I love it!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing