Thread: When will the new power supply for Corus deliver?

When will the new power supply for Corus deliver?

Photo was taken by one forum in Hong Kong from Tokyo international audio fair.
    Underneath CORUS preamp, it seemed to be new power supply for the preamp.
    Any new announcement from JRDG?

Name:  2016TIAS_147.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  64.6 KB

I am listening to it right now. With PSU.
    One of the best sounding. But surely the best built quality.
    Also the best operation software. Although cannot do custom input name.
    Toga
    The umbilical cords are so extremely short that I have to put the PSU behind
    With back to back to the main Corus.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Toga; 11-17-2016 at 01:41 AM.

Hi Toga,

Please kindly share your thought for the new PSU in your system. I have been awaiting this PSU for too long and moving to another direction, i.e. tube preamp. I am keep CORUS for second system Lo.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,
    Sorry I cannot share any idea about PSU because I don't have experience with the std. power supply.
    But it is quiet and operate perfectly. And it looks gorgeous.
    What I found outstanding for this Corus was its blackness and therefore I heard lots of low level cue
    Like I ve never heard before. Overall sound was so clean and pure. Crystal clear. It was also smooth , no
    Sharp leading edge to irritate my ears on any recordings.
    Eventually I found it to sounded to clean and too pure and too polite for my taste.
    But if you own a Corus and want to keep it, the PSU will be a nice addition.

Toga

Hi Toga,

Thank you for earnest comments. I do find them true. JRDG Corus is reveals the inner beauty of low level details.
    Aesthetically, Corus is truly an enjoyment to look at. I admit the sound of Jeff Rowland gears have no critical points of lacking. It is rather gentle and dark background. The nuances and low level detail are first class. Sometime, it just lack of punch and weight to drive larger scale symphonies. For case of mine, I have JRDG Corus 725 and Audio Note M10sig Gryphon Mephistopheles solos. I switch them depends music of my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Toga View Post
    Hi Kevin,
    Sorry I cannot share any idea about PSU because I don't have experience with the std. power supply.
    But it is quiet and operate perfectly. And it looks gorgeous.
    What I found outstanding for this Corus was its blackness and therefore I heard lots of low level cue
    Like I ve never heard before. Overall sound was so clean and pure. Crystal clear. It was also smooth , no
    Sharp leading edge to irritate my ears on any recordings.
    Eventually I found it to sounded to clean and too pure and too polite for my taste.
    But if you own a Corus and want to keep it, the PSU will be a nice addition.

Toga

Hello Kevin,
    My amplifier is Gryphon too, the Mephisto Stereo. Before this I have considered Jeff 925, but after discussed at great length
    With someone who had 1000 hours experience with it, I decided to take the Gryphon. But surprisingly I didn'5 like the Pandora
    Preamp working with Mephisto much, actually I like Corus more. But ultimately I like Burmester 808 and arc Ref 6 best with Mephisto.
    Toga