Yes - Tales from Topographic Oceans | Blu-ray Audio

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

It's a click-on picture ? cover thing.

Last night I listened to the full album from the Blu-ray Audio disc: LPCM 5.1 (96kHz, 24-bit).
I was floating up in the space/air of my living room...like orbiting around the sun in a 3-dimensional immersive space of our galaxy, inside the multiverse.
This is my favorite Yes album (double), and this was the best experience from that music album since I was a teenager. * Back then...a double-LP.

No movies, no worries, no pictures...just immersive music all around, and inside/outside my brain. ...Yes!

Overall rating score (hi-res 5.1 music only): 92 (? fun). :b
http://stevenwilsonhq.com/sw/headphonedust/yes-tales-from-topographic-oceans-3cdblu-ray/

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Happy Thanksgiving!

Yesterday evening, from 6:00 to 7:30 PM (Pacific Time), I listened to the hi-res stereo tracks. Back east (Atlantic Time), that would be from 9:00 to 10:30 PM.
That was nice, but not as nice as multichannel. I love stereo, more than mono, bit less than multichannel. ...Discrete.
Still, I was deeply humbled by the stereo experience...two speakers.

Overall stereo rating score: 88 (more ? fun). :b
______

After I was done I relaxed a little in silence, and had a nice meal...chicken breast, fancy potatoes, asparagus, broccoli and topped with healthy sauce.
Then I turned on my computer to watch the news...while having a piece of pumpkin pie. I should have gone back to my music listening...

If like me you like Yes, and don't have this double LP album yet, I highly recommend that you do...even the CDs would do.
And if you have a BR player, even better.

Enjoy life, enjoy the music, enjoy what you like.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
How awesome to listen to all four sides or both cd's in one sitting, will have to pony up for that one.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Yes, with a BR/CD player you don't have to get up four times from your chair and perform all the rituals.
The rituals are now all in the listening from one sitting session. That way you remain suspended in the moment.
For some people, me, this is a great advantage. For others it is not; they prefer interacting physically in top of spiritually with their music...I have the greatest respect for that.

There is so much great music out there, and this new remastering in hi-res multichannel audio of this Yes album counts as one of the greatest of the greatest.
Don't take my word for it. Don't believe a single letter of what I say; take your rat shack level meter and measure what the needle says in cognition with the membranes of your brain transmission through your ears. No one can tell you all the glory in this world but only you. My experience has no value, no merit...everything we read and hear and see has no more essence than our own soul's zone of comfort when the music is spinning and vibrating the spinal column of our bone's structure.

Don't adjust the vertical and horizontal and diagonal hold controls from your old TV set. Go in style, go Yes: Tales from Topographic Oceans.
It is as fresh today as it was back in 1974. ...Now in even higher plateau; in discrete hi-res 5.1 surround sound.
I have no idea how and what words could best describe my emotional stance. It is impossible to translate in words.
This journey is my journey. If it fits other's journey, great, and if not...there is always the Beatles. :b

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Since the very first time I heard this album I said thus is perfect for multichannel.
One summer,long go, all my friends brought over their receivers turntables and tape decks.
We had seven systems tied together with 14 speakers and Tales from Topographical Oceans was one of the favorites

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Cool Mike.
________

I believe all musical journeys are incomplete till this album is spinning in all its glory. It's only an opinion...mine...and I firmly believe in it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing