Thread: Genesis 8300 speakers- midrange

Genesis 8300 speakers- dome midrange

I need a new dome midrange for 1 speaker. Do the remanufactured dome midranges sound identical to the old ones if I just buy one for the one speaker? The midrange on the other speaker is still perfectly fine.
    Last edited by eaglesfan316; 10-09-2016 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan316 View Post
    I need a new dome midrange for 1 speaker. Do the remanufactured dome midranges sound identical to the old ones if I just buy one for the one speaker? The midrange on the other speaker is still perfectly fine.
    Are there remanufactured dome midranges for Genesis loudspeakers of this vintage? And would you want to replace one midrange without replacing both?

I had a pair of early-gen Genesis speakers that popped a midrange. Lacking acceptable repair options in New York City, I had to sell them for parts.

So, if you find yourself lacking a good option for repairing the speaker, at least one of us here will feel your pain. Robust demand for Genesis speaker parts (mostly emanating from East Asia) might provide some consolation.
    Last edited by soundArgument; 10-13-2016 at 02:48 PM.

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)/Member Sponsor [Technical Expert] garylkoh's Avatar
    Yes - there are re-manufactured titanium dome midranges for the Genesis V, G-IV, IM 8300, etc. from the early 1990's. I had a large batch made many years ago because owners literally begged me for help. They loved their speakers and had their dome midrange crushed by an errant elbow.

Unfortunately, while they are re-manufactured to the exact specifications of the original, a 30-year old midrange is unlikely to sound identical to a brand new one. Hence, I always recommend that they be changed out as a pair.

I'm out of town, but the best way to get this going is to send either send an email to contact@genesisloudspeakers.com or just fill in the service request form here:
    http://genesisloudspeakers.com/support_parts.html