Mulligan/Duboc 'Paraiso' on 200g FIM vinyl

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
This has been one of the most pleasantly unexpected re-issues I could ever imagine. I have had this Telarc Jazz CD for some 20 years and my wife is sick of it, but I just love the music and Duboc's voice (she's also made a cameo appearance in the movie Blame It On Rio - a blast on its own); well, now I have it on vinyl because the music is just so beautiful. I am not sure how many know of this album, but at least Winston Ma does - and a big posthumous THANKS! What a great gift... Compared to the CD coming out of the Alpha, the resolution is so much higher (and the original recording is some sort of hi-rez digital), as we usually keep saying about analog. Highly recommended. This LP is not FIM's website, not sure why. Mastering by Doug Sax, and a big posthumous Thanks to him as well!

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/94149/Gerry_Mulligan_With_Jane_Duboc-Paraiso-200_Gram_Vinyl_Record

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing