HDMI cable question

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
..I'm almost embarrassed to say...Ken reprimanded me for letting it go so long but I had well over 4000 hrs on the original bulb but believe it or not the picture was still relatively bright. Of course it's a lot like the frog in boiling water...you get so used to it you lose touch with how poor the picture actually is. With Ken's calibration eqpt and his magic touch the results are striking!

thanks! will try to keep track...what is industry recommendation? 2000 hours? 3000 hours?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I'd change the bulb every one thousand BR (1080p/2D) movies. ...2,000 hours max.
And for best; every 800 4K UHD/HDR BR movies (including 2K/3D). :b

thanks!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thank you! I am starting to think this $200 cable works perfectly...paint it. I have asked our contractor about painting it.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

audiopro92

Nov 25, 2023
Canada
In my HT I'm currently running an Epson Pro Cinema 6010 that's being fed from an HDMI cable that was purchased 9 yrs ago. I have no idea what issue it is...HDMI 1.XX? I am planning to upgrade to the new Epson Pro Cinema 604UB that has "deep color" and is 4K compatible. Question: will my 9yr old HDMI cable support the new Epson 6040UB's features? Thanks guys!

ps...I should have pointed out that the HDMI cable I have, I'm stuck with...it's run in the ceiling and walls..
I work in tech - as an IT Administrator.

HDMI Cables & Connections: All You Need to Know | Home Cinema Guide (the-home-cinema-guide.com)

Scroll to the bottom of the page and take a look at that chart.
You could buy a long HDMI cable to replace it from amazon if you wanted to.
Something that's future proof if you ever decide to go 8K.

- DMK

Republicoftexas69

I work in tech - as an IT Administrator.

HDMI Cables & Connections: All You Need to Know | Home Cinema Guide (the-home-cinema-guide.com)

Scroll to the bottom of the page and take a look at that chart.
You could buy a long HDMI cable to replace it from amazon if you wanted to.
Something that's future proof if you ever decide to go 8K.

- DMK
Curious, what dose being an IT Administrator have to do with this thread? I do not announce that I am a Mechanical Engineer when posting.

Reactions: kennyb123

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing