Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arc and Power Cables

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by newmill View Post
    Anyone have a lot of success with power cables on their ARC gear. Currently I have a Cardas Golden power cable on my Ref 75 SE. Thanks in advance for any replies.
    Am currently auditioning Synergistic Research Tesla Precision power cables w/ my REF 610T and they're way much better than the stock power cord that came w/ the amp . It looks fancy but they gave an improvement in the overall sound of the system .

tdh888
    VPI TNT 6 w/ Classic Platter upgrade, Kuzma Stogi REF 313 VTA, Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, VPI HR-X ,JMW12.7 ,Lyra Kleos, ARC REF 5SE, REF Phono 2SE, REF 610T monoblocks, ARC SP 10MK2, a pair of D79B's, Duntech C5000 speakers, Magnepan MG3A Speakers.

I'm using Furutech FP-S55N with Furutech NCF connectors on my REF 250. It replaced Shunyata Alpha HC and at one point, had a full loom of Shunyata of Sigma and Alpha but didn't like the HOUSE sound.

All my high price Shunyata, High Fidelity, HiDiamond ... PCs are replaced with bulk cables + NCF connectors except for 2 Core Power Technology Equi=Core 300 and better sound.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    I have used Sain and Nordost. IMHO there is nothing like using an Odin to any ARC amp. Sain's are an excellent alternative but I was floored when Carl from NOLA lent me his Odin V1 for a test with my then REF75. I'm now using the GS150 and would love to try the new ODIN V2 or for that matter the Valhalla V2. All my other cabling are Valhalla V2. Just my opinion but bang for the $ is on the amp.

Quick update. I now have the 20 amp Alpha HC power cable connected to my Ref75 SE, and an Alpha analogue connected to my LS27 pre. The Black Mamba is now powering the media player, and the JPS Labs Digital power cable is on the DAC. This seems to be a very pleasing upgrade for my system, but when I added the Furutech receptacles, I was shocked to find even more improvement. Thank you to everyone that added their opinions and experiences. This is what helped me find the Shunyata brand, and, what I believe to be a great synergy. I am now debating whether an upgrade to the Ref5 SE preamp is my next upgrade. This may be hard on the wallet, but might be worth it in the continuing quest for audio excellence. Any thoughts on this upgrade would be greatly appreciated.

A good friend changed out my chassis iec to the Furutech ncf 09 ( 15 amp) on my Anni 40. I am VERY happy with the Triode Wire Labs Obsession power cord feeding it. The new Obsession has the Furutech 50 NCF ends and I have all Furutech NCF wall receptacles. I'm guessing that NCF Rhodium connecting to NCF Rhodium connections adds a little to the cohesiveness of the sound.

I have read somewhere that arc uses shunyata power cords to voice their products and that explains the synergy between shunyata and arc.
    Source: Aurender W20, LampizatOr Golden Gate
    Amplification: Audio Research Ref 6, Dan D'agostino momentum stereo amp
    Speakers: Vivid Giya G3

Quote Originally Posted by tdh888 View Post
    Am currently auditioning Synergistic Research Tesla Precision power cables w/ my REF 610T and they're way much better than the stock power cord that came w/ the amp . It looks fancy but they gave an improvement in the overall sound of the system .

tdh888
    Same here with the SR Level 4 UEF and Galileo cables on the Ref 5SE and Ref Phono 2.
    Writer, Part-Time Audiophile

Source: Sony SCD-777ES, VPi Scoutmaster, Lyra Argo(i), LH Labs Pulse Infinity X, Benchmark DAC2 HGC Amplification: Audio Research Ref 5SE, Audio Research VT100 with KT120s/Mundorf EVO, Audio Research Ref Phono 2 Speakers: Magnepan 1.7s Cables: Black Cat Lectraline/Venom CLR Power Conditioning: 10 gauge Romex dedicated line, Furutech NCF outlet, Shunyata Denali/PS8/Defender/Alpha HC, Black Mamba and Venom power cords Recording: AKG 414 BULS mics, Sound Devices 722

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Same here with the SR Level 4 UEF and Galileo cables on the Ref 5SE and Ref Phono 2.

I wish I could try Synergistic Research power cables on both my 5SE and Phono 2SE. Currently the SR Powercables are hooked to my REF610T monoblocks . Unfortunately my funds are currently being utilized for my my vintage sports cars. So stock power cables are being used for my linestage & phonostage.
    VPI TNT 6 w/ Classic Platter upgrade, Kuzma Stogi REF 313 VTA, Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, VPI HR-X ,JMW12.7 ,Lyra Kleos, ARC REF 5SE, REF Phono 2SE, REF 610T monoblocks, ARC SP 10MK2, a pair of D79B's, Duntech C5000 speakers, Magnepan MG3A Speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by tdh888 View Post
    I wish I could try Synergistic Research power cables on both my 5SE and Phono 2SE. Currently the SR Powercables are hooked to my REF610T monoblocks . Unfortunately my funds are currently being utilized for my my vintage sports cars. So stock power cables are being used for my linestage & phonostage.
    One option is try the Venom high current cords from Shunyata. Tremendous value.
    Writer, Part-Time Audiophile

Source: Sony SCD-777ES, VPi Scoutmaster, Lyra Argo(i), LH Labs Pulse Infinity X, Benchmark DAC2 HGC Amplification: Audio Research Ref 5SE, Audio Research VT100 with KT120s/Mundorf EVO, Audio Research Ref Phono 2 Speakers: Magnepan 1.7s Cables: Black Cat Lectraline/Venom CLR Power Conditioning: 10 gauge Romex dedicated line, Furutech NCF outlet, Shunyata Denali/PS8/Defender/Alpha HC, Black Mamba and Venom power cords Recording: AKG 414 BULS mics, Sound Devices 722

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    One option is try the Venom high current cords from Shunyata. Tremendous value.
    Hi Lee ,

Thanks for the advice I was checking out preowned SR power cables or Cerius Technology cables , have you audition thess cable from Cerius ? Reasonably priced w/ Graphene same as what SR is using w/ their new cables

tdh888

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast