Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Arc and Power Cables

I'm using the stock power cable with my ARC. It works better than any after market unit...

Because it is hard wired in and there is no issue with any iec connector. Oh, forgot to say...it is a classic D series amp. I suspect that WZJ knew what he was doing when it came to the idea of iec's and replaceable power cables.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyF View Post
    I'm using the stock power cable with my ARC. It works better than any after market unit...

Because it is hard wired in and there is no issue with any iec connector. Oh, forgot to say...it is a classic D series amp. I suspect that WZJ knew what he was doing when it came to the idea of iec's and replaceable power cables.
    Perhaps, but I would expect a high quality aftermarket cable would benefit even those older designs—if it were possible. So with your old amp you will never know.
    óBob Vineyard, aka bobvin

My system: Benz LPS, Einstein Turntables' Choice phono-pre (dual mono version), AMG v12 turntable, dCS Rossini DAC, Audio Research Ref10 pre, Audio Research Ref75 amp w.KT150 tubes, Wilson Alexia speakers. Transparent Ref MM2 & Gen5 signal cables, Shunyata Zitron Sigma, AlphaNR, Python, Anaconda, Cobra power cables. Shunyata Hydra Triton v3. Stillpoints. HRS. Acoustic environment optimized by Dr. Bonnie Schnitta of SoundSense.

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobvin View Post
    Perhaps, but I would expect a high quality aftermarket cable would benefit even those older designs—if it were possible. So with your old amp you will never know.
    I would also expect some improvement with these old tube designs - the rectifier diodes used in these old days were much noisier than current ones.
    Under construction around a pair of Wilson XLF's , Forsell Air Force One, ARC Phono 2SE and a DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack : cj GAT + cj LP275m's, TA OPUS MM2 +TA XL digital, TA XL gen V power cables ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bobvin View Post
    I have heard a modded D model with an iec connector. I actually preferred the hard wired version. The addition of an iec can in many instances negate the improvement of an aftermarket power cord. Not a popular thought amongst cable manufacturer's, but that's just too bad.

During the early days of high end audio, I don't recall after market power cords. In those days, there was Auntie Enid who told us to replace the stock power cords with speaker cables.

I use a Sensory Power power cord on my factory updated SP 3.

I have not tried this brand yet unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by tdh888 View Post
    Hi Lee ,

Thanks for the advice I was checking out preowned SR power cables or Cerius Technology cables , have you audition thess cable from Cerius ? Reasonably priced w/ Graphene same as what SR is using w/ their new cables

tdh888
    Writer, Part-Time Audiophile

Sources PS Audio Memory Player and DirectStream DAC, VPI Scoutmaster, Lyra Cartridge, Audio Research Ref Phono 2 Amplification Audio Research Ref 5SE & Audio Research VT100 with KT120s/Mundorf EVO Speakers: Magnepan 1.7s Cables Synergistic Research Galileo and Atmosphere UEF Level 4 Power Conditioning Synergistic PowerCell 12 UEF SE, SR & Furutech NCF outlets, various SR and Shunyata ac cables, Shunyata Denali Recording AKG 414 BULS mics, Sound Devices 722

Been there. On my VT-100, my tech put in a nice IEC and I added a Shunyata then an SR. Both made a nice improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyF View Post

Writer, Part-Time Audiophile

Sources PS Audio Memory Player and DirectStream DAC, VPI Scoutmaster, Lyra Cartridge, Audio Research Ref Phono 2 Amplification Audio Research Ref 5SE & Audio Research VT100 with KT120s/Mundorf EVO Speakers: Magnepan 1.7s Cables Synergistic Research Galileo and Atmosphere UEF Level 4 Power Conditioning Synergistic PowerCell 12 UEF SE, SR & Furutech NCF outlets, various SR and Shunyata ac cables, Shunyata Denali Recording AKG 414 BULS mics, Sound Devices 722

I have used a masterbuilt ultra power cord on my ARC CD7 for a few months already. They work wonderfully together.

Quote Originally Posted by knghifi View Post
    I'm using Furutech FP-S55N with Furutech NCF connectors on my REF 250. It replaced Shunyata Alpha HC and at one point, had a full loom of Shunyata of Sigma and Alpha but didn't like the HOUSE sound.

All my high price Shunyata, High Fidelity, HiDiamond ... PCs are replaced with bulk cables + NCF connectors except for 2 Core Power Technology Equi=Core 300 and better sound.
    Hello knghifi

Interesting comments and Iím surprised nobody asked more questions when you posted. Would you elaborate ,please, on what you didnít like about the Shunyata ďsoundĒ after investing so much in them? Also what HiDiamond cable model did you have and how did you find this?
    UK Audio Dealer for Mola Mola, Boenicke, Lumin, fidata, SST, Nord, Vovox, Bybee, Acoustic Revive.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123