test
test
test
test
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Arc and Power Cables

I'm using the stock power cable with my ARC. It works better than any after market unit...

Because it is hard wired in and there is no issue with any iec connector. Oh, forgot to say...it is a classic D series amp. I suspect that WZJ knew what he was doing when it came to the idea of iec's and replaceable power cables.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyF View Post
    I'm using the stock power cable with my ARC. It works better than any after market unit...

Because it is hard wired in and there is no issue with any iec connector. Oh, forgot to say...it is a classic D series amp. I suspect that WZJ knew what he was doing when it came to the idea of iec's and replaceable power cables.
    Perhaps, but I would expect a high quality aftermarket cable would benefit even those older designs—if it were possible. So with your old amp you will never know.
    Benz LPS, Einstein Turntables' Choice phono-pre (dual mono version), Audio Research DAC8, Audio Research Ref10 pre, Audio Research Ref75 amp w.KT150 tubes, Wilson Alexia speakers. Transparent Ref MM2 & Gen5 signal cables, Shunyata Zitron Sigma, AlphaNR, Python, Anaconda, Cobra power cables. Shunyata Hydra Triton v3. Stillpoints. HRS. Acoustic environment optimized by Dr. Bonnie Schnitta of SoundSense.

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobvin View Post
    Perhaps, but I would expect a high quality aftermarket cable would benefit even those older designs—if it were possible. So with your old amp you will never know.
    I would also expect some improvement with these old tube designs - the rectifier diodes used in these old days were much noisier than current ones.
    Under construction around a pair of Wilson XLF's and a DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bobvin View Post
    I have heard a modded D model with an iec connector. I actually preferred the hard wired version. The addition of an iec can in many instances negate the improvement of an aftermarket power cord. Not a popular thought amongst cable manufacturer's, but that's just too bad.

During the early days of high end audio, I don't recall after market power cords. In those days, there was Auntie Enid who told us to replace the stock power cords with speaker cables.

I use a Sensory Power power cord on my factory updated SP 3.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123