Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I am now a happy K-01X owner!

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo75 View Post
    I have demoed the Lampi big 7 against 2 K01s, one with the clock, and it beat them easily. The owners preferred it as well. I have compared my GG to the K01x and the K01 with the clock. The clock guy is planning to move to the Lampi when funds become available - though his planned kid is making him sweat about valves.

I would rather do a shootout of Lampi with Nagra (planned in Jan) and Tdac 12 rather than Esoteric or dCS. Or, if you have that money, Aries Cerat.

You may be right I will test in 10 days the K-01x with my amp+headphone, and I will report here my listening impressions.

I also will try to listen to the VITUS SCD-025 mk2 CD/DAC which is at the same price (anyone heard the VITUS?)

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bmichels View Post
    You may be right I will test in 10 days the K-01x with my amp+headphone, and I will report here my listening impressions.

I also will try to listen to the VITUS SCD-025 mk2 CD/DAC which is at the same price (anyone heard the VITUS?)
    It's 3 of us who did the compares that are right. I

heard the Vitus RD 100 which was blown away by metronome. Btw I am a big Vitus class A power amp fan but two others have told me their digital does not match. Check with jazzhead too, he owns the Vitus Class A ano and has experience with their digital

And that too the Vitus dac's built in pre was feeding a Vitus amp, and the metronome was then plugged into the Vitus pre out

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bmichels View Post

You also might want to check with Joel on this forum, who is also a 6 moon reviewer, and whom I find very unbiased, why he prefers his Lumin much more to the K03 that he owns

You might want to start your own thread. You also did the same on another audio site.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharp 1080 View Post
    You might want to start your own thread. You also did the same on another audio site.
    Yes because same discussion points came up on the other site too.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo75 View Post
    Which big 7 or GG (what tube configuration) did you compare with to use the terms coloured?
    When did I ever state I heard a Lampizator DAC? I have heard tube DACs and all exhibit that tubey warmth which if I'm so inclined I'd get from an amp or a preamp. I'd rather keep my source as neutral as possible. To each his own...

Also, I've heard TotalDAC, DCS, Aries, MSB, Meitner, Esoteric and others - all excellent and all different. Barring any budget my $ would be spent on the TotalDAC.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sbo6 View Post
    When did I ever state I heard a Lampizator DAC? I have heard tube DACs and all exhibit that tubey warmth which if I'm so inclined I'd get from an amp or a preamp. I'd rather keep my source as neutral as possible. To each his own...

Also, I've heard TotalDAC, DCS, Aries, MSB, Meitner, Esoteric and others - all excellent and all different. Barring any budget my $ would be spent on the TotalDAC.
    In that group, I haven't heard the Aries, but yes, I too would spend on total dac in that group

Sharp1080: Congratulations on your new K-01X! +1 on the vote for discussions of other gear to be on another thread. Don't get me wrong, what's on the thread is valuable feedback but this is not a comparative thread. Enjoy your new player!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234