Ypsilon or Lamm 1.2

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
The only experience I have with ypsilon integrated is when it killed the MBL integrated on MBL 111s

jasbirnandra

Apr 3, 2012
My apologies, can you tell me what is the model? I was considering the system F, probably I was wrong.

It is why it is nice to have the equipment briefly listed in the signature. :D

The Ascendo i have are ofcourse the system series but it is the M5S SE EW that is their top of the line which has special parts and external crossover

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
The only experience I have with ypsilon integrated is when it killed the MBL integrated on MBL 111s

I heard it twice in Ypsilon systems with Ypsilons own speakers...really fantastic. It is one of the very few push/pull amps I have heard that is worth considering.

I still need to hear their big SET100 mono hybrids and their PSE300b amps.

For now I am having fun giving Diana a spin and the Ayon Crossfire III. Soon I will have Vulcan Evos as well to add to the mix as well as the new Auris preamp. Diana likes Thiel CS3.7s very much.

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
I am biased since many years ago we decided to only carry Lamm for our electronics and dropped all other lines. After nearly 30 years in this business and hearing many, many others we still believe Lamm electronics are the best and most natural sounding equipment that there is, bar none.

david
Lamm is very smart designer

Both Lamm and Ypsilon produce hybrid amplifiers but the listeners believe the sound of Lamm is very different to Ypsilon.

Reactions: ddk and tima

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing