Our Donate Tab Is Now Active

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
To all of our friends and members here at Whats Best Forum, this community we call home during the day, Ron and I wanted to announce that our Donate Bar is now active. It is always an awkward moment to discuss donations with members but the reality is nothing is for free and it costs money on a regular basis to keep this web site active. There are on going recurrent expenses as well as the expense of traveling to audio shows for reports and pictures. To that extent Ron and I are once again asking for annual donations to support this cause. The Donate tab has been simplified. It can be found at the top of the home page or clicking here....

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/misc.php?do=donate

Donations from $25 to $200 and if you want to donate an amount and stretch the payments this is an option as well. The Donate Bar will remain open for ongoing donations

Please be certain to add your username here at WBF to gain user recognition as a VIP/Donor

So again on behalf of Ron and I and the admin staff I want to thank you all for helping with whatever you can donate as well as all of your ongoing posts here

Steve Williams

I'd like to take a moment to thank everyone who has graciously donated. Your contributions are most appreciated

Several members however have donated but have not included their usernames at WBF in order that they may be recognized. Many I have found by email addresses but other email addresses don't match what we have in our database. To those who have donated but note seen their user group change please contact me so that I can make the amendment

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Hi, how do I do this? "Please be certain to add your username here at WBF to gain user recognition as a VIP/Donor"

Thanks

Steve Williams

Hi, how do I do this? "Please be certain to add your username here at WBF to gain user recognition as a VIP/Donor"

Thanks

Hi John

Some people have a different email address for PayPal than they do for WBF. If this is the case, when you donate, I have been asking people to include their username at WBF when they donate

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/misc.php?do=donate

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin

Steve Williams

It has been brought to my attention that the VIP/Donor Usergroup lacked all of the permissions that they had in their previous user group. As a result avatars have been accidentally disabled. This is totally my fault and I amended the permissions in this VIP/Donor group as well as increasing permissions from their previous user group to this new VIP/Donor Group

My apologizes to those affected. Things should be better now. Please let me know if there are still issues

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
as microstrip just pointed out most members have lost their avatars and for that I am uncertain as to the cause so a ticket has been submitted.

My avatar magically reappeared this am...so seems working to me.

Steve Williams

In response from our server host, most of the avatars have been restored. Somehow in installing the new PayPal add on the problem with the avatars started. They are telling me that they see the avatars in everyone's database but for whatever reason they aren't installed.

They have asked those members whose avatars aren't showing to try installing them again.

They have checked permissions for every user group and everything is in order but they are uncertain as to why the avatars aren't loading

If there are still problems please PM me so that I can communicate these problems with our server host

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you very much to those of you who made a donation to WBF. We really appreciate it!

It is gratifying to know that WBF is important enough to many of you to help support the website financially! I feel the same way!

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
Paypal is banned in Turkey by the government, please provide another way to donate by using credit card.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Paypal is banned in Turkey by the government, please provide another way to donate by using credit card.
Poetic justice.:mad:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing