Site UpdateThis Evening

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Just to let everyone know we are scheduled for a site update later this evening. The site could be down for several minutes as the updates are installed

Some of the updates we have ordered will be introduce some new features later on after we figure out how to use them. Stay tuned and thanks everyone for your support of WBF. We couldn't have done it without all of you

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
minor issue:
the site tab on browser shows the vBulletin logo

Not o mine this morning .. Seems to be going well so far ... No glitch.. yet? :)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I don't post your evening time so I should be fine :)

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Clear your cookies? That shows correctly on my end.

Tom

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Overall looks good. Two small things I have found though:

1. With Windows 10 Edge browser, a different set of icons are being used whether I am logged in or not:

Notice the blue balloons versus the brown boxes we have had.

Chrome works fine.

2. Clicking on "Articles" generates this error:

amirm, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Ah, looks like it is the other way around (that is, edge browser is right) and it is indeed broken for all browsers. I looked up the generated code and it is the same for all browsers (more or less). The icon in question is: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/images/statusicon/forum_new-48.png

I refreshed both IE and Edge browsers and they both show the blue icon. Here is the important bit: I refreshed Chrome and it too is displaying blue icons now! And as noted earlier by caliaripaolo, the favicon has reverted to vbulletin check mark instead of WBF. I seem to remember adding the "new" label to the ones I modified so I think they are OK but why they are blue now, is strange.

To replicate, just hit F5 in chrome and you should see all the icons on the home page become blue.

You need to go to the file manager and download the above icon and see what it looks like on your computer Steve. If it looks blue then the look of the forum style is reverted back and only the cached version in the browser remains for some users. The old styles need to be found and put back in (BTW, I tested all the styles and they all show the blue icons).

Or just open a ticket and cut and paste the above text and get URLJet to troubleshoot it.

The reason Chrome didn't get hit right away is that it is one persistent browser when it comes to caching. No matter how many directives you give it in the web page, it refuses to throw away the cached web content. It will however do it on its own at some time in the future so even if this is working for some, it will stop to behave that way. This made it hard in the past to test changes because it would continue to show the old even after I had made changes.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
The major glitch so far is the new feature: "Articles"

When I click on it (Google Chrome, my regular surfing board):

vBulletin Message
NorthStar, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Last edited:

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I use Safari. No issues everything "looks" the same.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing