Site UpdateThis Evening

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you, Amir, Barry, Bob, caliaripaulo, and Frantz!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
FWIW they have fixed everything. The broken favicon and icons are fixed

As to "Articles" and permissions

URLJet.com
Hi Stephen,
re:, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
For this, please verify the users permission in vb admincp.

This is an ownership role and we do not alter user permissions

favicon and the forum icons have been corrected

853guy

Aug 14, 2013
FWIW they have fixed everything. The broken favicon and icons are fixed

Nassim Taleb has this nice analogy. He basically says running to catch a train risks causing far greater problems than accepting there's a problem and waiting for a new train (running into a fellow traveller with hot coffee, dropping your iPhone, rupturing your Archilles, missing the platform and falling awkwardly onto the track and being decapitated by the train. Though not necessarily in that order.)

Rather than clearing my cache, restarting my browser, opening Chrome or Firefox (which I hate doing), restarting my Mac or posting many panicked posts, I simply accepted there was a problem and waited for the correction to come. Viola!

Nice job everyone. Thanks for all your efforts on our behalf.

853guy

Aug 14, 2013
Brendon I wish I had your smarts ;)

Well, that's the luxury afforded to those of us not burdened with the onus of being Site Founder and Administrator.

Thanks again for all your work, Steve.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Life is beautiful, we live on a beautiful blue planet. I just wish the air above was bluer instead of grey. ...I'm talkin' about the all planet, cities, and not some remote islands of some cleaner oceans where only less than 0.1% of the entire world's population lives.

The best update? It's in people's functions. :b

I'm just having fun, all is good, very good. The only thing that is bad is...the air pollution and our taxes.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hi Amir
Just sent you a pm but your mailbox is full
Hi Barry. Thanks for the message. Didn't realize when my status changed my quote had reduced also and I was 800 messages over my quota! :D Did a bulk erase and there is now space for new messages.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
My only one issue with how the site functions and it has nothing to do with the recent update. On most sites when I return I just click on the "What's New" or "Recent Activity" button and I can go back for hours or even days to see what is going on. Here we are limited to one page of "What's New". It just refreshes the same information if you select the "more activity" button.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I suggest clicking on the "new posts" button under it. I think the "whats new" button could be replaced with it, personally.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I suggest clicking on the "new posts" button under it. I think the "whats new" button could be replaced with it, personally.

Is that new?

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan

853guy

Aug 14, 2013
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I've noticed some (but not all) signatures appear like this:

Screen Shot 2016-10-03 at 6.16.50 pm.png

Steve's is fine. I'm running Safari. Chrome appears to be the same.

Sorry. Wish I had a solution to offer rather than a problem to solve.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I've noticed some (but not all) signatures appear like this:

View attachment 29261

Steve's is fine. I'm running Safari. Chrome appears to be the same.

Sorry. Wish I had a solution to offer rather than a problem to solve.

That one I found the fix and all should be well

853guy

Aug 14, 2013

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing