All New Devialet Phantom GOLD....World's BEST Speaker System, at any PRICE ???

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I wonder if anyone has tried some good high end power cables on these Phantom Gold's yet? :b

It might just make these phantoms come alive and sound much better!
;)

I thought these were the best sounding speakers in the world at any price?

How much better could they get?

I have to ask why you have such an emotional involvement with these speakers.

You made 9 out of the first 20 posts.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
This company is just starting out, who knows, maybe down the road the phantom model x's will take over the high end market too.

This could be the future!

Active speakers.. 99% of the time is always better than passive speakers.. no matter how good the gear is!

Devialet is not new. Also, I know the head of R&D there.

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
I'm shocked that Devialet does not use high end cables with their Phantoms at the Shows. :confused:

I would love to hear these Phantoms hooked up to some TriPoint Audio Emperor High Current Power Cables! :p

High End Electronics responds to High End Quality Power Cables much better than stock cords! ;)

Phantoms were one of the best at the CES 2015 :b

http://soundstagehifi.com/index.php/opinion/826-the-best-of-ces-2015

Last edited:

PalletFork

Oct 2, 2016
I thought these were the best sounding speakers in the world at any price?

How much better could they get?

I have to ask why you have such an emotional involvement with these speakers.

You made 9 out of the first 20 posts.

Yes I have and own one. They are NOT the best speakers in the world. Get that out of your head once and for all. For audiophiles who want a 1 box solution it is a great deal for the price though.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Cool design and a good product for todays market not specifically targeted at audiophiles but for every days stores , not everybody wants large boxes in the house , or spend big amounts on boutique gear

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Yes I have and own one. They are NOT the best speakers in the world. Get that out of your head once and for all. For audiophiles who want a 1 box solution it is a great deal for the price though.

None of us here have heard.. A Pair Phantoms Together with..> Vinyl <. If these phantoms are very sensitive to source like Steve Huff says they are, then none of us really know how good these gold phantoms are.. at their very best.. with vinyl, and with a TUBE Phono Stage. ;)

HIFI News did a review on the Focal Sopra 2's and they got a 88/100 Rating...the Best Rating they ever gave a Speaker, Regardless Of Price was 90/100 ! And Steve Huff liked his Silver Phantoms better than his Focal Sopra 2's!!..with vinyl and with a TUBE Phono Stage!

http://www.audioshark.org/focal-54/focal-sopra-no-2-review-8030.html

Steve Huff's review was on the older Silver Phantoms and the all new Gold Phantoms have had many improvements compared to the older silver phantoms!

Last edited:

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
All it means is that you quote the opinion of ONE person.

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
All it means is that you quote the opinion of ONE person.

Wisnon,

Since you know somebody that works at Devialet, maybe you should let them know about this so we can all hear these Phantoms at their Very Best.. at the Shows...with vinyl and with a Tube phono stage and with better cables too. ;)

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Will do AK. In Dec, most likely...face to face.

When you talk to Devialet, tell them that High Fidelity and TriPoint Audio makes the best cables on the market right now and they can try both to find out what cables sounds best with their Phantoms.

Devialet just might Shock!! a lot of people at the.. Shows:b if they just use these cables with their GOLD Phantoms! ;)

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
When you talk to Devialet, tell them that High Fidelity and TriPoint Audio makes the best cables on the market right now and they can try both to find out what cables sounds best with their Phantoms.

Devialet just might Shock!! a lot of people at the.. Shows:b if they just use these cables with their GOLD Phantoms! ;)

What will probably shock most people is realizing that you seem to profess to be the expert on not only what is the "Best Speaker" but now the "Best Cables". We all have our preferences but mostly agree that any discussion of "What's Best" normally includes a handful of products.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I am always amazed at the emotional involvement some people have regarding "the best" components.

Most people state their case that they like so and so, dislike so and so and move on.

This doesn't appear to be happening here. WHY ? ? ?

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
I'm waiting for the 3rd Generation Phantom Diamonds with Beryllium Drivers in a few years to shock the world ;)

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Well, I haven't heard the silver or gold versions but the original "white" version flat out sucked, sorry no other way to put the sound. Bloated and veiled with no imaging capability whatsoever.

I heard them all. Fun speakers and Silver/Gold are definiely better than White....BUT!!! The KEF LS-50 sounds more refined in the MF/HF and had acceptably goodd bass for a small room. With a nice fast Subwoofer like a TBI Magellan, you are all set for about half the price of the Gold.

metaphacts

Industry Expert
Feb 1, 2011
Lower Provo River
Here's by far the best application of the Phantom I have seen/heard, its true calling. This is a restaurant at Newark Airport. Every flat screen tv has a Phantom above it. They evenly fill the area without being offensive. Surprisingly good for terminal sound, whether music or dialog.

21408-land_l.jpg

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
I agree. Also for clubs if you get the networking right.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing