The Birth Of A Nation

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
They probably omit the part of the rebellion where he was slitting the throats of white children while they were sleeping... people sure like to turn a blind eye to the reality of what happened.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
They probably omit the part of the rebellion where he was slitting the throats of white children while they were sleeping... people sure like to turn a blind eye to the reality of what happened.

Wow, that sounds like a quote from an alt-right web site.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I read the Wikipedia article on him, if that's what "alt-right" means?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I saw the movie over this past weekend.

First off. like all movies of this genre, it is very difficult to watch. Having said that it was well written, well directed and well acted.

Cast: Nate Parker, Armie Hammer, Colman Domingo, Aja Naomi King, Jackie Earle Haley, Aunjanue Ellis, Gabrielle Union, Dwight Henry, Aja King, Mark Boone Jr., Esther Scott, Roger Smith, Penelope Miller, Jackie Haley, Tony Espinosa, Jayson Smith, Jason Stuart
Director: Nate Parker
Writer: Nate Parker
Rating: R
Running Time: 118 min.
Synopsis:
In August 1831, Nat Turner (Nate Parker) leads a violent rebellion to free himself and other slaves in Southampton County, Va

Many have felt this film was snubbed even though it is written, directed and acted by men and women of color. Last year led to a revolt of sorts when the Academy did not acknowledge actors, or directors of color. This year thankfully the opposite is the case with such great movies as Moonlight

This movie did not do well and went right to video and some attribute this to the "baggage" that Nate Parker (who wrote, directed and starred in) carries with him

http://www.vulture.com/2016/08/timeline-of-the-nate-parker-rape-scandal.html

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Saw this on a plane the other day, it was my last choice of the titles they have on board, and immediately was gripped by the drama that unfolded. Indeed the acting and directing was very good. I felt like being brought to those times by the movie. I don't know most of the cast and was impressed by their portrayals of their roles.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing