Making a Murderer and a True Crime Hyper-cycle.

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
Watching 'Making a Murderer' is a must, and really grabs attention a couple of episodes in.

Now, if you haven't watched it, here is a good list for a True Crime Hyper-cycle which goes over similar themes, namely potential miscarriages of justice, bumbling law enforcement, laywers , judges, fans and other odd characters, the role of the press in such cases, the angle of the documentary makers apart from the main subject which is True Crime:

1. Making A Murderer

making-a-murderer.jpg

Start here and this should be quite a wild ride in Manitowoc. After you've seen the show itself and the plight of Steven Avery, there are a lot of resources online that you can look for for further information on the case, information not provided in the documentary.

When I finished it, fairly late considering other people binged it as its release, little did I know there were similar cases and docs in the past, and that some would even be forthcoming. For the following, be aware that there are some gruesome pictures in them.

So, if you finished MAM and are looking for something touching on the same themes, follow through with the case of the West Memphis Three:

2. The West Memphis Three Case

3. The JonBénet Ramsey Case

A&E, Dr. Phil as well as CBS all have documentaries/shows on this quite troubling case. You can also look for 'I know who Killed JonBénet' on Youtube, specifically for interview of one Detective Arndt, who allegedly is responsible for part of the bumbling in that case...

jonbenet-ramsey-blog-cover-final.jpg

For the West Memphis Three case as well as the JBR one, it is very interesting to search for additional information on the Internet.

Attachments

• Paradise_Lost_2_DVD_cover.jpg
    Paradise_Lost_2_DVD_cover.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Paradise_Lost_3_Purgatory_poster.png
    Paradise_Lost_3_Purgatory_poster.png
    116.1 KB · Views: 28

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I fully agree with you YashN.

And Making a Murderer ain't over yet...Season 2 is writing on the walls and filming right now.

The two other cases I am also fully aware of. It's important to know, because that is true sad reality, and it spreads much more expanded into our societies of real day-to-day lives. Being aware first, then speak up, then make the changes. It's our world, our planet...we're all in it...yesterday, today and tomorrow.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing