Posting here is like talking to yourself!

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
guilty!!!

I'm a hunt and peck 2 finger typist (never learned to type) and don't use caps on forums....at 65 years old it's not important enough to change.

at work the software fixes it.

i'm a flawed human being.....and I'm ok with that. sorry if it offends, not my intention.

..not offended in the least...just yanking your chain

tedtag

Jul 19, 2016
Georgia
Here's some encouraging feedback from a new member. I found this site from googling around to collect information about building a new listening room and was directed to a couple of threads that were terrific; Ron's and Steve's in particular. Those 2 threads alone changed a lot of my thoughts and all for the better. I have felt very welcome here and have been involved in some interesting, productive, and fun threads and gained a lot of very valuable information and contacts. And I've felt good about being able to help others in some small ways. In fact, as we speak I'm involved in some private emails with Ron about a couple of super duper cartridges well worth consideration. Now, I look forward to reading this forum just about every day, and have completely stopped visiting the others for exactly the reasons outlined above. Personally, I'd like to thank those involved in administering this site and very much appreciate all of your efforts to continue to maintain and improve the excellent content. I will say, if there was any drama going on before I recently became active here, I must have missed that and am totally unaware that was happening. Thanks again.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Here's some encouraging feedback from a new member. I found this site from googling around to collect information about building a new listening room and was directed to a couple of threads that were terrific; Ron's and Steve's in particular. Those 2 threads alone changed a lot of my thoughts and all for the better. I have felt very welcome here and have been involved in some interesting, productive, and fun threads and gained a lot of very valuable information and contacts. And I've felt good about being able to help others in some small ways. In fact, as we speak I'm involved in some private emails with Ron about a couple of super duper cartridges well worth consideration. Now, I look forward to reading this forum just about every day, and have completely stopped visiting the others for exactly the reasons outlined above. Personally, I'd like to thank those involved in administering this site and very much appreciate all of your efforts to continue to maintain and improve the excellent content. I will say, if there was any drama going on before I recently became active here, I must have missed that and am totally unaware that was happening. Thanks again.

Without question the most gentlemanly audio forum I have ever been a part of.

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
I have been off the audio forums for a bit dealing with a home remodel, including my audio room. Most of my audio interactions the past couple of months have been in person which I enjoy much better than the web. Face to face chatting over some good food really can't be beat.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
I have been off the audio forums for a bit dealing with a home remodel, including my audio room. Most of my audio interactions the past couple of months have been in person which I enjoy much better than the web. Face to face chatting over some good food really can't be beat.

Agreed, throw in a little Bourbon and maybe a fine Cigar and I am "Happy as a Clam"!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
guilty!!!

I'm a hunt and peck 2 finger typist (never learned to type) and don't use caps on forums....at 65 years old it's not important enough to change.

at work the software fixes it.

i'm a flawed human being.....and I'm ok with that. sorry if it offends, not my intention.

I'll take that to SHOUTING anyday :D

As for me, my post count has dropped like an anvil into the ocean. Why I chose such an odd analogy I don't know. The main reasons are simply that equipment wise, I really like where I'm at. Then there's that return to the old job that while very difficult comes with its own fulfillment. At this point in time where hours are scarce, family is more than just a priority. It is infinitely more enjoyable than solo time with the music much less solo time at the keyboard. As Mike says I think it is a natural ebb and flow. I really don't know what would get me revved up post wise. Sometimes I feel like a news editor trying to figure out what's "news worthy". When I have to think about it, it usually isn't. When it is, it'll probably be slammed so "why bother" enters the picture.

As far as music goes, it's such a personal thing and can count maybe 3 or 4 guys at most on this forum that like electronic music the way I do. I love classical music but don't have the vocabulary for it, the same with jazz which I also love. To be perfectly honest, prog and classic rock were so overplayed everywhere as a child, I have an aversion to not all, but a lot of it making turning me into a B-side guy. The pop and rock of MY generation I simply outgrew. When it comes to new music, finding stuff that moves me is like finding a needle in a stack of needles yet I soldier on. Click, nope, maybe the next one, click.......

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I like electronic music!

On another site I noticed a lull, and then a bunch of new members have been joining. Who knows... Jack may be right about some ebb and flow.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing