Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Posting here is like talking to yourself!

VIP/Donor [WBF Founding Member] es347's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lavigne View Post
    guilty!!!

I'm a hunt and peck 2 finger typist (never learned to type) and don't use caps on forums....at 65 years old it's not important enough to change.

at work the software fixes it.

i'm a flawed human being.....and I'm ok with that. sorry if it offends, not my intention.
    ..not offended in the least...just yanking your chain

Here's some encouraging feedback from a new member. I found this site from googling around to collect information about building a new listening room and was directed to a couple of threads that were terrific; Ron's and Steve's in particular. Those 2 threads alone changed a lot of my thoughts and all for the better. I have felt very welcome here and have been involved in some interesting, productive, and fun threads and gained a lot of very valuable information and contacts. And I've felt good about being able to help others in some small ways. In fact, as we speak I'm involved in some private emails with Ron about a couple of super duper cartridges well worth consideration. Now, I look forward to reading this forum just about every day, and have completely stopped visiting the others for exactly the reasons outlined above. Personally, I'd like to thank those involved in administering this site and very much appreciate all of your efforts to continue to maintain and improve the excellent content. I will say, if there was any drama going on before I recently became active here, I must have missed that and am totally unaware that was happening. Thanks again.
    Ted

Site Founder And Administrator Steve Williams's Avatar
    Coto De Caza, California on the 13th fairway of the south golf course
    Thank you for your kind words Ted
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    There's ALWAYS another Steve Williams BUT there's only "oneobgyn"
    USA Dealer of Center Stage Feet and owner of PitchPerfect Sound (www.pitchperfectsound.com)
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! Hi-FiGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tedtag View Post
    Here's some encouraging feedback from a new member. I found this site from googling around to collect information about building a new listening room and was directed to a couple of threads that were terrific; Ron's and Steve's in particular. Those 2 threads alone changed a lot of my thoughts and all for the better. I have felt very welcome here and have been involved in some interesting, productive, and fun threads and gained a lot of very valuable information and contacts. And I've felt good about being able to help others in some small ways. In fact, as we speak I'm involved in some private emails with Ron about a couple of super duper cartridges well worth consideration. Now, I look forward to reading this forum just about every day, and have completely stopped visiting the others for exactly the reasons outlined above. Personally, I'd like to thank those involved in administering this site and very much appreciate all of your efforts to continue to maintain and improve the excellent content. I will say, if there was any drama going on before I recently became active here, I must have missed that and am totally unaware that was happening. Thanks again.
    Without question the most gentlemanly audio forum I have ever been a part of.

Addicted to Best!
    I have been off the audio forums for a bit dealing with a home remodel, including my audio room. Most of my audio interactions the past couple of months have been in person which I enjoy much better than the web. Face to face chatting over some good food really can't be beat.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! Hi-FiGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Whip View Post
    I have been off the audio forums for a bit dealing with a home remodel, including my audio room. Most of my audio interactions the past couple of months have been in person which I enjoy much better than the web. Face to face chatting over some good food really can't be beat.
    Agreed, throw in a little Bourbon and maybe a fine Cigar and I am "Happy as a Clam"!

Hi John , i have seen this on many forums i have been on .

[WBF Founding Member] Addicted to Best! JackD201's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lavigne View Post
    guilty!!!

I'm a hunt and peck 2 finger typist (never learned to type) and don't use caps on forums....at 65 years old it's not important enough to change.

at work the software fixes it.

i'm a flawed human being.....and I'm ok with that. sorry if it offends, not my intention.
    I'll take that to SHOUTING anyday

As for me, my post count has dropped like an anvil into the ocean. Why I chose such an odd analogy I don't know. The main reasons are simply that equipment wise, I really like where I'm at. Then there's that return to the old job that while very difficult comes with its own fulfillment. At this point in time where hours are scarce, family is more than just a priority. It is infinitely more enjoyable than solo time with the music much less solo time at the keyboard. As Mike says I think it is a natural ebb and flow. I really don't know what would get me revved up post wise. Sometimes I feel like a news editor trying to figure out what's "news worthy". When I have to think about it, it usually isn't. When it is, it'll probably be slammed so "why bother" enters the picture.

As far as music goes, it's such a personal thing and can count maybe 3 or 4 guys at most on this forum that like electronic music the way I do. I love classical music but don't have the vocabulary for it, the same with jazz which I also love. To be perfectly honest, prog and classic rock were so overplayed everywhere as a child, I have an aversion to not all, but a lot of it making turning me into a B-side guy. The pop and rock of MY generation I simply outgrew. When it comes to new music, finding stuff that moves me is like finding a needle in a stack of needles yet I soldier on. Click, nope, maybe the next one, click.......
    Disclosure of Industry Participation

Co-Founder and Managing Director PureSound PH - Exclusive Distributor (Philippines only) of Lamm, Von Schweikert Audio, CH Precision, Light Harmonic, Valvet, Townshend, Critical Mass Systems, EERA, KR Audio, Ambience SS, TechDAS, Master Built, Stromtank

I like electronic music!

On another site I noticed a lull, and then a bunch of new members have been joining. Who knows... Jack may be right about some ebb and flow.

Member Addicted to Best! NorthStar's Avatar
    New members are the force that animates us all, like new beautiful music.
    All the Very Best, - Bob --------- "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison --------- AudiophileAudition

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123