Vision mercedes Maybach 6

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
The exterior is gorgeous. The interior is a bit cold looking and NOT very pretty at least in the photos, but I bet it's going to be an amazing car to drive.

A little more glass in the rear windshield would be nice. The way it is now, every lane change will be an adventure!.

I think they should put the double M back on the hood ornament instead of the three pointed star shown in the video.

That car is 6 meters or 236 inches long!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
The back window looks like it is an insert and could easily be replaced with a larger piece of glass. The conventional looking grill is interesting considering it is an all electric vehicle. I actually think that the proportions of the hood don't look right with the small cabin. Perhaps it is the camera angle, but it is all hood and high side sills. I like to it more when more than the drivers head can be seen from the side. I like the rear quarter view, but the interior is quite funky and will certainly be changed if it ever reaches production.

Thanks for posting these videos.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
it looks like the grand touring cars of the 20's and 30's

The hood is so long my first thought was inline 12. Hahahaha. I think it is great looking as a design exercise. I don't think driving a car with those proportions would be fun.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
The world's L-O-N-G-E-S-T sports car!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
The hood is so long my first thought was inline 12. Hahahaha. I think it is great looking as a design exercise. I don't think driving a car with those proportions would be fun.

Maybe a Maybach all electric AMG

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
The side mirrors are too small, but they do look futuristic.
The rear looks like Iron Man's mask.

The car is too long; it would be tough to find a parking space, and narrow streets/highways with sharp turns would be harder to handle/maneuver.
I like the wheel's designs, the color is fine, but I don't like the white interior...they get dirty faster...more evident.

Hey, this only an opinion from a concept/practical artist designer. :b
Overall it looks a bit retro.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
It doesn't have mirrors, I don't think. I'm guessing it has cameras for all your concerns.

Give me an interior that isn't... dumb, some real side mirrors, paint in black, and for God's sake take away the remote control ability... and I'd love to drive it all the time. I love the look.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Here's a straight-on side view to see the proportions

Attachments

• Maybach 6.jpg
    Maybach 6.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 249

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I love it. Sure you can't park in many places without making a nuisance... I can live with that.

If it met my small criteria posted earlier I'd even overlook the Mercedes low reliability because I like the look so much. Hell, I might drive a black one regardless... but I'd disable the remote myself for safety reasons.

What can I say, I'm a suckered for overbearing long hooded cars with good stance (not Cadillacs)

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I love it. Sure you can't park in many places without making a nuisance... I can live with that.

If it met my small criteria posted earlier I'd even overlook the Mercedes low reliability because I like the look so much. Hell, I might drive a black one regardless... but I'd disable the remote myself for safety reasons.

What can I say, I'm a suckered for overbearing long hooded cars with good stance (not Cadillacs)

I don't think you would want to park this anywhere except in your own driveway (when the sun is shining) or garage. In the ungodly event that it should rain, you could use the remote to drive the car into your garage. Why should you get wet going to the car???????

I don't own one, but Cadillacs today are much better than those of the past.

As far as reliability is concerned, you can't beat Japanese cars.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I don't think you would want to park this anywhere except in your own driveway (when the sun is shining) or garage. In the ungodly event that it should rain, you could use the remote to drive the car into your garage. Why should you get wet going to the car???????

No no no... I'd want to park it in places where it forcibly took extra spots because there were no other options. Yes I know it's expensive but if at least one person doesn't ball with it, it has no real value; and I'm that type of person.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Hi
Subjective, of course:

Front View is gorgeous ..
Car's too long to be practical. Production model likely to be shorter
Back View .. Frankly ugly, reminds me of the 70's Buick Riviera.

And that remote control thing .. What for? Really? Cars are already doing these things all by themselves anyway. On the video I heard a rumble when the car "started". Isn't it supposed to be an electric car?

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
No no no... I'd want to park it in places where it forcibly took extra spots because there were no other options. Yes I know it's expensive but if at least one person doesn't ball with it, it has no real value; and I'm that type of person.

I suppose this could happen

Attachments

• d4bb2827ffbe707151c9cf50cf862fa2.jpg
    d4bb2827ffbe707151c9cf50cf862fa2.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 153

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
The Maybachs that I have seen (most recently one last week in London), all had one thing in common, they all had drivers for the cars. So the owners don't have to worry about parking spaces. In Hong Kong, the SOP for a chauffeured car is that the driver drops you off and then goes somewhere to wait for you. They don't have to worry too much about parking illegally, since they can always move the car at an instant's notice, if the authorities come along.

Of course, having a chauffeured sports car may defeat the purpose. Then again, you would need to have another car following you, with your entourage/bodyguards, if you got the sports car version. I saw my first Maybach sedan a few years ago in HK at Fook Lam Moon restaurant. It pulled up and out came two bodyguards with the owner of the car, while the driver stayed with the vehicle.

Larry

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
The Maybachs that I have seen (most recently one last week in London), all had one thing in common, they all had drivers for the cars. So the owners don't have to worry about parking spaces. In Hong Kong, the SOP for a chauffeured car is that the driver drops you off and then goes somewhere to wait for you. They don't have to worry too much about parking illegally, since they can always move the car at an instant's notice, if the authorities come along.

Of course, having a chauffeured sports car may defeat the purpose. Then again, you would need to have another car following you, with your entourage/bodyguards, if you got the sports car version. I saw my first Maybach sedan a few years ago in HK at Fook Lam Moon restaurant. It pulled up and out came two bodyguards with the owner of the car, while the driver stayed with the vehicle.

Larry
This is my old boss' car and yes, he has a chauffeur.
IMG_0545.JPG

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing