Studer A810 right tension edit solenoid issue

sunan

Jun 7, 2015
Hi,
I have spoken to Audiohouse as well regarding this issue.
My Studer A810 at the END OF TAPE on play mode only does not shut the capstan off. I have set the capstan board jumper so the Capstan can shut off automatically at the end of tape. The initial issue was the right edit solenoid keeps engaged with voltage across the solenoid reading 23.7V and the left one 0V at the END OF TAPE. I thought this was a defect but audiohouse says that is normal. But due to this the capstan would not shut down when the tape ends. Now for that audiohouse say this is a bug in the software. They have tried 86, 88 and 91 software version and confirms the capstan won't shut down. Is this correct? Can someone with an A810 confirm that this is normal? I would have thought when you have the capstan to shut off automatically it should do so when the tape ends.

BTW does anyone know how to change the line level? This seems to be stuck at +4dbm. There are jumper settings on the PERIPHERY CONTROLLER to change this but I can't get it to change. According to manual you need to have JS8 at on position and change the JS 5 AND 6 according to the desired setting and press reset button but somehow it seems stuck at one level. What else needs to be done to get the JS 5 AND 6 to change the line level?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing