main difference between real sound and repro sound

I am aware of all you say, but the reality is that my sound stage is as wide as my room and everything has a well defined location. Furthermore, I hear much detail such as ambience and note decay and the harmonics of instruments.

I will not regal you with the components that have allowed this in my system, but each of those involved have no EE education. They can think out of the box. Bells and whistles are not their forte. Most of my expense for my system is for rare earth magnets, followed by intense concern with grounding properly and the expense of achieving it, careful attention to the entire wave of all frequencies reaching the speakers at precisely the same time and in the case of digital, using quad DSD reproduced through a quality dac and perfectly amplified.

I am happy that you are satisfied with your music reproduction.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing