Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is the Los Angeles Audio Show taking the place of the Newport show?

Site Founder And Administrator Ron Resnick's Avatar
    [QUOTE=. . .
    So the only question that I have is who is running the new LA show and which one to go to next year..??[/QUOTE]

This is the question all prior exhibitors will be asking themselves, too! The manufacturers I know who are on the East Coast will not be coming to two LA shows.
    Mono and Stereo - Senior Contributing Reviewer

turntable: Thorens Reference (to come); tonearm: SME 3012R (to come); cartridge: ZYX Universe Premium X-SB2 (to come)
    tape: Studer A820 Mk II
    preamp: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 power supplies (ordered); amplifier: VTL MB-750s
    speakers: Gryphon Pendragons (ordered)
    cables: MasterBuilt (not yet ordered); power: Benjamin Electric subpanel; JPS in-wall wire; Furutech NCF outlets; room: 20' wide X 25' long X 14' tall; treatment: ASC Tube Traps and Tower Slims; tweaks: Shakti Stones

[Industry Expert] Addicted to Best! Believe High Fidelity's Avatar
    Ok making progress

Found the number to the LA folks and got the other side of the informacion'

1) Marine who ran the THE Show Newport is running the LA Audio Show backed by the LA/OC audio society

2) The venue is much bigger/better (their words not mine)

3) The Dates make sense so that is why they are filling the old time slot THE Show newport gave up

4) Management of THE Show Newport is only with two people on the contact page Joe and Maurice(scary!!)

So from the finer details much too long to write it seems that the LA show will be the better show for manufacturers/dealers. THE Newport show doesnt have the staff that ran it prior so whether or not it will be similar experience will be entirely up to chance.

Judging by the negotiations to stay at the Hotel Irvine and renew I would be weary of participating with THE Show especially on dates that conflict with RMAF. If you can attend Newport you can attend LA from an visitor perspective so that point is moot as to which venue to go to.
    Believe High Fidelity Ltd is the North American Distributor for:

Aries Cerat Ltd
    Torqueo Audio
    Vermouth Audio Cables
    Etsuro Urushi Cartridges
    Primary Control
    Echo Diastasis

Aries Cerat wins Best of Show at Munich High End 2017 http://www.avshowrooms.com/high-end-2017-awards.html
    Kassandra LE DAC wins Best DAC of 2016/2017 with reviewer purchase @ Mono & Stereo! Article here

Like us on Facebook!

Email: j@Ibelieveinhifi.com
    Web: www.ibelieveinhifi.com

Site Founder And Administrator Steve Williams's Avatar
    Coto De Caza, California on the 13th fairway of the south golf course
    a bigger venue won't make for a better show.

Vendors as Ron said won't attend two. One will die of attrition unless dates are changed

Seems the guy in Anaheim has nothing to go by except the name whereas the LA show has the staff from The Show at Irvine hence they think they will be the survivor

Crazy thinking on both sides
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    There's ALWAYS another Steve Williams BUT there's only "oneobgyn"
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] Mike Lavigne's Avatar
    I remember going to the Stereophile Show at LAX in 1998......my first audio show and I really enjoyed it.

let's hope for the best.

I will miss the John Wayne airport and the relaxed space and neighborhood in Irvine. I was at a business meeting in late July and flew in and out of LAX. a train wreck I'd say. glad I won't need to leave the property.

[Industry Expert] Addicted to Best! Believe High Fidelity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Williams View Post
    a bigger venue won't make for a better show.

Vendors as Ron said won't attend two. One will die of attrition unless dates are changed

Seems the guy in Anaheim has nothing to go by except the name whereas the LA show has the staff from The Show at Irvine hence they think they will be the survivor

Crazy thinking on both sides
    Very true, but if you have the people that made Newport successful and add the backing of the LA/OC Society with a pinch of non conflicting dates with RMAF = Audio Omlette.

Hopefully the competition will be something positive for exhibitors and visitors alike.

Not to mention LA is closer to my favorite hang out spots and family so if I dont make it out to Cyprus next year I would do that show
    Believe High Fidelity Ltd is the North American Distributor for:

Aries Cerat Ltd
    Torqueo Audio
    Vermouth Audio Cables
    Etsuro Urushi Cartridges
    Primary Control
    Echo Diastasis

Aries Cerat wins Best of Show at Munich High End 2017 http://www.avshowrooms.com/high-end-2017-awards.html
    Kassandra LE DAC wins Best DAC of 2016/2017 with reviewer purchase @ Mono & Stereo! Article here

Like us on Facebook!

Email: j@Ibelieveinhifi.com
    Web: www.ibelieveinhifi.com

[Industry Expert] Addicted to Best! Leif S's Avatar
    We decided to go with the LA show due to the support of the LA/Orange county audio society as well as the people responsible for running last years Newport show. It looks like many vendors and manufacturers are also choosing this show as well if you look at the LA shows webpage and the amount of rooms that are already booked. We will be in room 214 on the second floor. I just looked at The Show Anaheim's site and it only looks like one room is booked. I will miss the show being in Irvine but extremely happy we were able to get in a much bigger room.
    Leif Swanson
    Vice President, Sales and Marketing
    Designer

Von Schweikert Audio
    Global Distributor- MasterBuilt Audio Cables

My System

Speakers are the Von Schweikert Endeavor E-3MkII's, VSA Endeavor 5's, Audio Alchemy DDP-1 preamp with the PS-5 external power supply, 2- DPA-1M monoblocks, DMP-1 Media Player. All cables are by MasterBuilt including Signature speaker cables and interconnects and the Reference power cords. J-corder open reel deck.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234