Is the Los Angeles Audio Show taking the place of the Newport show?

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Yes, it was postponed.
With Richard Beer's passing, the show was now owned by his partner, Beverly. Unfortunately, she was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer.
The hotel was also apparently not cooperating fully, or at least not abiding by their initiall agreed upon terms, so that was another concern. So they ended up just postponing the whole thing to 2018, where a new date will be announced.
We're incredibly frustrated, as we had secured the biggest (and best) room in the venue, and we were hoping to put on a killler show...

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Yes, it was postponed.
With Richard Beer's passing, the show was now owned by his partner, Beverly. Unfortunately, she was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer.
The hotel was also apparently not cooperating fully, or at least not abiding by their initiall agreed upon terms, so that was another concern. So they ended up just postponing the whole thing to 2018, where a new date will be announced.
We're incredibly frustrated, as we had secured the biggest (and best) room in the venue, and we were hoping to put on a killler show...

Wow, this is news! I know that you were really looking forward to that show! I was also...
Hopefully it will be on next year---- as I wasn't overly impressed with the new LA show.

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
My spouse and I had this on our list of pleasant diversions for Fall Recess...RMAF doesn't schedule well for us.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing