Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: In search of my last great loudspeaker

Wilson highlights.

Being a Wilson Audio Dealer and having the opportunity to spend several hours with Dave, John, Peter, Jerron, Trent and Bill, we really understand what goes into designing Wilson Audio speakers.

All Wilson Audio speakers are tested in 2-3 different Wilson rooms at their facility. These rooms are not made to be perfect on purpose. One of their rooms was a borderline room for audio. This is the understanding that is required by manufacturing. I call it real life rooms.

When you start to design speakers, you have these tools at your disposal.
    Wilson Duette 2 speaker is now a purpose built speaker to be placed very close to your wall, into a cabinet or stand mounted.

The Sabrina works well in corners, much closer to a wall, Pulled out to get amazing soundstage, or almost anything you ask of her. She's marvelous.

The new Yvette is Magical. She needs some serious break in and good clean power. Mesmerizing with my Audio Research gear.

The Alexia is a mini Alexandria XLF. With the new Tweeter, she sings to me.

The new Alexx took a long time to break in in my store. She is now my favorite speaker in the line up.

The Alexandria XLF is the KING of speakers. Authoritative, musical and stunning in painting a musical picture. Completely 3 dimensional.

If you guys have any questions in setup or have issues, please contact us.

As Mr Martin Wax experienced in his article, a 50K-60K Certified Used Wilson X2 S2 speaker is a Great deal. We concur.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! rockitman's Avatar
    Marty,

Did you use the standard propagation settings based on your 38" ear height and the distance you sit back from the speakers or did you sway from the recommended prop table settings ?

My latest settings are based on 10' listening distance and 40" ear height...not the 38" I use to use in my 9' back configuration.
    Christian

System Gear

Maybe this should be in the Wilson fan club section.
    Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friendly to one, and enemy to none.
    Benjamin Franklin

Site Founder And Administrator Steve Williams's Avatar
    Coto De Caza, California on the 13th fairway of the south golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by rockitman View Post
    Marty,

Did you use the standard propagation settings based on your 38" ear height and the distance you sit back from the speakers or did you sway from the recommended prop table settings ?

My latest settings are based on 10' listening distance and 40" ear height...not the 38" I use to use in my 9' back configuration.
    Christian the only change I made to the Wilson settings algorithm was for the upper module. I moved it forward one detente position . Both Marty and I felt that this lowers the voice of the singer to a more realistic level.
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    There's ALWAYS another Steve Williams BUT there's only "oneobgyn"
    International Distributor of Center Stage Feet and owner of PitchPerfect Sound (www.pitchperfectsound.com)
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! rockitman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Williams View Post
    Christian the only change I made to the Wilson settings algorithm was for the upper module. I moved it forward one detente position . Both Marty and I felt that this lowers the voice of the singer to a more realistic level.
    Thanks Steve. That is pretty easy to adjust. I will play with that.
    Christian

System Gear

Site Founder And Administrator Steve Williams's Avatar
    Coto De Caza, California on the 13th fairway of the south golf course
    Last year when marty was here we played with the settings for my position. The upper midrange module in the suggested position caused an elongation upwards of where the voice was emanating from to an unrealistic high level. Moving the upper mid range module one click forward brought the voice down to a normal height and I haven't changed it in over a year. I seem to remember that Marty has likewise done the same
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    There's ALWAYS another Steve Williams BUT there's only "oneobgyn"
    International Distributor of Center Stage Feet and owner of PitchPerfect Sound (www.pitchperfectsound.com)
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

[WBF Founding Member]
    Pro Audio Production
    Member Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregadd View Post
    Maybe this should be in the Wilson fan club section.
    Agreed. There's even 2 infomercials.

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    (...) Wilson Duette 2 speaker is now a purpose built speaker to be placed very close to your wall, into a cabinet or stand mounted.

The Sabrina works well in corners, much closer to a wall, Pulled out to get amazing soundstage, or almost anything you ask of her. She's marvelous.

The new Yvette is Magical. She needs some serious break in and good clean power. Mesmerizing with my Audio Research gear.

The Alexia is a mini Alexandria XLF. With the new Tweeter, she sings to me.

The new Alexx took a long time to break in in my store. She is now my favorite speaker in the line up.

The Alexandria XLF is the KING of speakers. Authoritative, musical and stunning in painting a musical picture. Completely 3 dimensional.
    (...)
    Nice characterization of the current Wilson line.
    Under construction around a pair of Wilson XLF's , the Forsell Air Force One, the ARC Phono 2SE and the DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack : ARC REF40 + ARC REF250, TA OPUS MM2 +TA XL digital, TA XL gen V power cables and CenterStage feet ...

Yes Steve. Only Wilson Audio has been designed so precisely that a high end customer with the knowledge and expertise can document adjust and deploy proper setup. Kudos my friend. I hope you're enjoying your speakers. I am positioning XLF for a customer with ARC gear today.

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    Yes Steve. Only Wilson Audio has been designed so precisely that a high end customer with the knowledge and expertise can document adjust and deploy proper setup. Kudos my friend. I hope you're enjoying your speakers. I am positioning XLF for a customer with ARC gear today.
    Can I ask what ARC's?
    Under construction around a pair of Wilson XLF's , the Forsell Air Force One, the ARC Phono 2SE and the DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack : ARC REF40 + ARC REF250, TA OPUS MM2 +TA XL digital, TA XL gen V power cables and CenterStage feet ...

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast