Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Aesthetix IO

The SL I believe may be more faithful than the Atlas. I keep going back and forth- I love both right now!. The SL is a real contender.

I have rebuilt an Otari MX5050 BII.. partly because it was local, partly for curiosity, partly to challenge myself. I used to run a Tandberg 30 years ago. My expeditions to find a good Studer have evaded me.. one day I hope. The Otari is all gone through with relapped heads I wired the heads direct out with sliver shielded cable and some other tape path mods. A flux magnetic head might be part of the future this winter.

The Otari is built solidly better than many of the other Japanese decks of the era. It was meant to be a light pro deck.

I bought a de Havilland 222 a few months ago and I am building a home brew repro in parallel. Best man wins.

I am not that committed to tape. Too little of a software repertoire and my preference in music does not include classical. So more than half the musical choices I have in the format are mostly not to my taste. Its here and and I "hear" the potential. I am not "reel"fan right now because of the software and expense of the limited choices.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Source: Brinkmann La Grange + RonT, Brinkmann 12.1, Kuzma 4 Point, Koetsu RSP, Lyra Atlas, GFS, Lyra Etna SL
    Front-End: Aesthetix Io Signature with Volume Controls + 2 Power Supplies, Marantz 1 Consolettes , 7C
    Amplifier(s): Custom Direct Drive OTL for Beveridge ESL, Wyetech Topaz, Futterman H3, Marantz 2,5,8B
    Speakers: Beveridge Model 3, Quad ESL , Quad USA Monitors
    Subwoofers: REL S2 x 2
    Room: 18 'x 40' X9'
    Stand(s):Double-wide Finite Elemente Pagode
    Dedicated Lines x4

Site Founder And Administrator Ron Resnick's Avatar
    All good! Leslie Brooks uses Otaris for all of his work. So they must be very good.

In fact, contact Leslie -- www.AnalogAudioInc.com -- for his tape list!
    Mono and Stereo - Senior Contributing Reviewer

turntable: American Sound AS-2000 (ordered) tonearm: SME 3012R (to come); cartridge: ZYX Universe Premium X-SB2 or Koetsu Coralstone (TBD)
    tape: Studer A820 Mk II
    phono stage: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 power supplies; line stage: Aesthetix Callisto Eclipse with 2 power supplies; amplifier: VTL MB-750s
    speakers: Gryphon Pendragons
    cables: MasterBuilt Ultra or Cardas Clear Beyond (TBD); power: Benjamin Electric subpanel; Torus AVR60BAL; JPS in-wall wire; Furutech NCF outlets; room: 20' wide X 25' long X 15' tall; treatment: ASC Tube Traps and Tower Slims; tweaks: Shakti Stones, Shun Mooks (Kedar to place)

Thanks, Ron.
    Source: Brinkmann La Grange + RonT, Brinkmann 12.1, Kuzma 4 Point, Koetsu RSP, Lyra Atlas, GFS, Lyra Etna SL
    Front-End: Aesthetix Io Signature with Volume Controls + 2 Power Supplies, Marantz 1 Consolettes , 7C
    Amplifier(s): Custom Direct Drive OTL for Beveridge ESL, Wyetech Topaz, Futterman H3, Marantz 2,5,8B
    Speakers: Beveridge Model 3, Quad ESL , Quad USA Monitors
    Subwoofers: REL S2 x 2
    Room: 18 'x 40' X9'
    Stand(s):Double-wide Finite Elemente Pagode
    Dedicated Lines x4

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213