Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Aesthetix IO

Addicted to Best!

Aesthetix IO

Hi all,

Just wondering whether there are any former or current IO owners out there on wbf? Looking to connect to gain insights about this beast.

Best,

Bill

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Audiophile Bill View Post
    Hi all,

Just wondering whether there are any former or current IO owners out there on wbf? Looking to connect to gain insights about this beast.

Best,

Bill
    Ron - 20 years. Also try the Gon and shark, many there. Better if you search on it and PM them. Suteetat has it too, and Mike L owned it previously

Hi Bill,

I'm an owner since 2009, Signature with dual power supply.

Still love it, it's not going anywhere!

Dan

Addicted to Best!
    [QUOTE=RedSectorA;412518]Hi Bill,

I'm an owner since 2009, Signature with dual power supply.

Still love it, it's not going anywhere!

Hi Dan,

Can you tell me a bit more about your vinyl front end and what the Io brings to the party versus others, please. Also what tubes are you using?

Ta

Bill,

Front end on consists of a Clearaudio Master Solution table , Minus K isolation System, Graham Phantom II S, Siltech Avondale II phono cable and a Lyra Etna cartridge. Overall I would consider my system well balanced and certainly not warm. IO brings to the equation a lifelike presentation without attracting attention to itself. I use stock tubes, I tried NOS tubes but I found it imparted a level of warmth I didn't like.

I've heard stories in the past that this pre was noisy, I suspect they are isolation issues more than anything else. I run it at 68 dB gain

Would I buy it again, hell yes!

Dan

Hi Bill,

I am also using the IO Eclipse, together with the Callisto Eclipse, both with dual power supplies! Very nice combo indeed!

I've got the Io with volume controls and 2 supplies signature version- I still believe it to be highly competitive in today's environment. If it meets your sonic priorities and you can deal with the space - it is a special piece.
    Source: Brinkmann La Grange + RonT, Brinkmann 12.1, Kuzma 4 Point, Koetsu RSP, Lyra Atlas, GFS, Lyra Etna SL
    Front-End: Aesthetix Io Signature with Volume Controls + 2 Power Supplies, Marantz 1 Consolettes , 7C
    Amplifier(s): Custom Direct Drive OTL for Beveridge ESL, Wyetech Topaz, Futterman H3, Marantz 2,5,8B
    Speakers: Beveridge Model 3, Quad ESL , Quad USA Monitors
    Subwoofers: REL S2 x 2
    Room: 18 'x 40' X9'
    Stand(s):Double-wide Finite Elemente Pagode
    Dedicated Lines x4

Addicted to Best!
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the input so far. I have the IO in situ and have been listening all evening - this is the signature with extra power supply (i.e.3 boxes).

Well it is utterly stunning beyond my wildest expectations. I am bowled over by it tbh - this is a very special product indeed. Soundstaging is massive and perfectly layered, resolution exceptional, gorgeous tone, and beastly bass.

My wife and I were listening to the Ella let no man write my epitaph (analogue productions) album that she bought me a few years back - my goodness. I think that is the closest to real sounding I ever heard my system.

Listening now to Oistrakh Beethoven violin concerto and it is truly goosebumps time.

So what cartridges are you thinking work best? I see you can use really low output carts such is the huge gain (upto 80db). Would guess it is very versatile and will work with a very wide range such is the adjustability but interested in your user experience. I am using this with my Kuzma ref II and Triplanar VII.

Best,

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Audiophile Bill View Post
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the input so far. I have the IO in situ and have been listening all evening - this is the signature with extra power supply (i.e.3 boxes).

Well it is utterly stunning beyond my wildest expectations. I am bowled over by it tbh - this is a very special product indeed. Soundstaging is massive and perfectly layered, resolution exceptional, gorgeous tone, and beastly bass.

My wife and I were listening to the Ella let no man write my epitaph (analogue productions) album that she bought me a few years back - my goodness. I think that is the closest to real sounding I ever heard my system.

Listening now to Oistrakh Beethoven violin concerto and it is truly goosebumps time.

So what cartridges are you thinking work best? I see you can use really low output carts such is the huge gain (upto 80db). Would guess it is very versatile and will work with a very wide range such is the adjustability but interested in your user experience. I am using this with my Kuzma ref II and Triplanar VII.

Best,

Bill

Hello,

My philosophy is to use the highest output cartridge that can resolve to your taste. You want to control noise by not extending the gain of the unit more than required. Overall gain is a function of the source, amplification, speakers and room interface.

I've used and have used cartidges with as little as .23mV output with no ill effects in my systems. I have never had noise issues with my system as a result of the Io. Now, will a Boulder 2008 be quieter, sure , but it is missing some other things that I value in the Io.

I had a Klyne 7 series top of the line phono stage next to the Io - I loved it. The Io just made me smile a bit more.

Koetsu, Lyra, Benz and ClearAudio in recent times all work well - budget , taste and your arm all come into play.

Congratulations on the Io - l'm sure you will enjoy it for some time.
    Source: Brinkmann La Grange + RonT, Brinkmann 12.1, Kuzma 4 Point, Koetsu RSP, Lyra Atlas, GFS, Lyra Etna SL
    Front-End: Aesthetix Io Signature with Volume Controls + 2 Power Supplies, Marantz 1 Consolettes , 7C
    Amplifier(s): Custom Direct Drive OTL for Beveridge ESL, Wyetech Topaz, Futterman H3, Marantz 2,5,8B
    Speakers: Beveridge Model 3, Quad ESL , Quad USA Monitors
    Subwoofers: REL S2 x 2
    Room: 18 'x 40' X9'
    Stand(s):Double-wide Finite Elemente Pagode
    Dedicated Lines x4

I am using the miyahima Madake cartridge with my Io eclipse and the sound is fantastic.

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast