Jcat launches the new, 'Femto' USB card

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Good news for those of us are running PCIe/USB cards.

Jcat has just launched their new card, that uses superior, ultra low nosie crystal oscillator (XO or just clock), chance the name 'Femto' (from the amout of jitter the XO has, measured in femto seconds).

JCAT-USB-Card-FEMTO-i.jpg

The card uses the excellent Crystek CCHD-957 XO, which can be found in Berkeley Audio Designs products and many other, top end DACs.

This clock is very expensive at $30 in OEM pricing, which is many times the price of the regular XO used in most of the DACs (common XO cost more like $1-$5), but its specs speak for themselves. The Crystek XO features a typical low close-in phase noise of -100 dBc/Hz @ 10 Hz offset, and a noise floor of -169 dBc/Hz. That is super clock teritory.

The Crystek Femto Clock which is located just a few millimeters away from the USB controller chip, which is powered by a dedicated ultra-low noise linear regulator for maximum performance.

The whole power regulation has been redesigned as well. In the previous revision of the JCAT USB Card, the USB controller’s digital core 1V power was supplied from the PC via PCI Express lane. The card was redesigned so that all internal circuits are powered by ultra-low noise linear regulators exclusively, if any 5V power supply is connected (either external or internal).

FemtoClock.jpg

I have one already on order and should have it around Tuesday.

michael123

Nov 17, 2011
I read this..
But also so the same clock is going to TCXO 10/100 Audio Grade Ethernet Switch, which "minimizes jitter & provides excellent sound quality".

What is this femto clock for? This is not an audio device

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
It clocks the USB chip.

I don't think the router they are selling is their own design. I believe they source it from PPA.

Marcin_gps

VIP Donor/Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2015
jcat.eu
Do you know how JCAT Femto USB Card release?^^

In Korea, there is PC Audio Club. The manager is very brilliant and passion.

His ideas and opinions make JPLAY 6, Audiophile Optimizer, Entreq's Atlantis line, JCAT Products.

(His name is Seung-Hyun Yoon. You will not trust me right?^^ Check it his existence to ask to JCAT)

In fact, JCAT had schedule to import Yoon's recommended product. (general JCAT USB Card + Sound Prime's C-Clock)

C-Clock JCAT is better than Femto USB, but C-Clock JCAT's look is so bad. (C-Clock JCAT's photo will upload tomorrow.)

So JCAT confirmed Femto Clock installation.

2 weeks ago, JCAT sent modified Femto JCAT USB Card, but Yoon and PC Audio Club's audiophiles are disapointed. ha ha

I let introduce products that is made by Yoon's Idea.

Dear Esotar,

Not sure if you realize it, but your post puts me and Seung in a bad light and more importantly is far from truth.
We're friends with Seung for over 5 years now. He's made JPLAY & JCAT very popular in South Korea, but he does not 'make' JPLAY or JCAT. I'd have known, I can assure you. Also I have not imported a single C-Clock JCAT card - where did you get that from? Sound Prime sent me a free sample for evalutaion and that's it. I never offered it to anyone
And finally I have not received any feedback from Seung yet and am very doubtful it will be negative.

Regards,
Marcin
CEO of JPLAY/JCAT

PS
I'm not sure what is your relationship with Seung, but I kindly provided him the link to your post

Marcin_gps

Jun 24, 2015
jcat.eu
Dear Esotar,

Not sure if you realize it, but your post puts me and Seung in a bad light and more importantly is far from truth.
We're friends with Seung for over 5 years now. He's made JPLAY & JCAT very popular in South Korea, but he does not 'make' JPLAY or JCAT. I'd have known, I can assure you. Also I have not imported a single C-Clock JCAT card - where did you get that from? Sound Prime sent me a free sample for evalutaion and that's it. I never offered it to anyone
And finally I have not received any feedback from Seung yet and am very doubtful it will be negative.

Regards,
Marcin
CEO of JPLAY/JCAT

PS
I'm not sure what is your relationship with Seung, but I kindly provided him the link to your post

UPDATE

Dear Esotar,

Please update your signature. I have found your emails - you are Sound Prime! I think the users on the forum should know this.

Regards,
Marcin

Reactions: cpasmoi

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
I'm sorry, Marcin, JCAT, Entreq and AO.

By the message that I wrote makes JCAT and Entreq disqualified.

I'm sorry very much. I'm fan about Entreq and I had the most Grounding Boxes and Lines in the Korea

Entreq, I hore that your mind is fine.

And I have the most Atlantis items in the Korea.

Check it to the owner of Seoul Electronics. (http://cyberav.co.kr/)

I hope your products are the best in the world and I'll buy your products again and again'

Entreq, I'm sorry again.

AO,

I'm sorry very much.

I'm fan of you.^^

JCAT,

I had worked in Sound Prime but now I'm owner of DigituSupremo.

www.digitusupremo.com

I made Korea first high-end powered active speakers, Cappuccino that used Accuton mid woofer.

http://www.hificlub.co.kr/web10/boa...lid=100&f_lid=100914&table=brd_10023&ishtml=n

I'm sorry.

But it is true that your Company think about import JCAT USB Card with C-Clock, right?

I have Jcat 8 SATA cables and 3 JCAT USB Cards, I have most Items in Korea.

JCAT

but your products are so bad.

I'm sorry for my oversatated message but your products are so so so so so so so so so bad.

I'm the best customer but I'm not fan of you. ^^ ha ha.

I have your USB Card and not so popular....

I will not import your products ha ha ha.

Attachments

• 1c8e7b419635b8058d4f8b8258706380_1470539145_79.jpg
    1c8e7b419635b8058d4f8b8258706380_1470539145_79.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 1,371
  • 1c8e7b419635b8058d4f8b8258706380_1470539148_78.jpg
    1c8e7b419635b8058d4f8b8258706380_1470539148_78.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 1,322
  • 420aad9124de9ac80b12f03f2f3106c0_1466070808_87.jpg
    420aad9124de9ac80b12f03f2f3106c0_1466070808_87.jpg
    370.8 KB · Views: 1,371
  • 6568dde81d849588e4b1341ad81.jpg
    6568dde81d849588e4b1341ad81.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,378
  • 20160905_003940.jpg
    20160905_003940.jpg
    749.8 KB · Views: 1,452
Last edited:

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
Thanks for your honest, informative and mature reply.

I'm sorry for it again.

JPLAY is the best product for PC-FI.

But JCAT is not good.

Your company will try much harder.

I hope JCAT is the best brand for PC-FI in the world.

Anti-Bigmac

Sep 19, 2016
Seoul, Korea
I am Seung-Hyun Yoon and have just registered in WBF after Marcin's e-mail.

My positions are very clear & simple.

- The Femto USB card is still in burn-in stage for last 3 weeks and have no feedback yet. Need 2 more weeks to burn-in. Because comparison targets have been used for years.
- I have tested and share my feedbacks, but never made JPLAY6, AO, EntreQ Atlantis line and JCAT products.
- Sometimes, exchange opinions and share ideas with audio gear/cable developers as brainstorming. But actual products are made by developers.

I wish this thread back to discuss about New JCAT Femto USB Card. :rolleyes:

SH

Last edited:
Reactions: Felipe Rolim

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Good news for those of us are running PCIe/USB cards.

Jcat has just launched their new card, that uses superior, ultra low nosie crystal oscillator (XO or just clock), chance the name 'Femto' (from the amout of jitter the XO has, measured in femto seconds).

View attachment 28952

The card uses the excellent Crystek CCHD-957 XO, which can be found in Berkeley Audio Designs products and many other, top end DACs.

This clock is very expensive at $30 in OEM pricing, which is many times the price of the regular XO used in most of the DACs (common XO cost more like $1-$5), but its specs speak for themselves. The Crystek XO features a typical low close-in phase noise of -100 dBc/Hz @ 10 Hz offset, and a noise floor of -169 dBc/Hz. That is super clock teritory.

The Crystek Femto Clock which is located just a few millimeters away from the USB controller chip, which is powered by a dedicated ultra-low noise linear regulator for maximum performance.

The whole power regulation has been redesigned as well. In the previous revision of the JCAT USB Card, the USB controller’s digital core 1V power was supplied from the PC via PCI Express lane. The card was redesigned so that all internal circuits are powered by ultra-low noise linear regulators exclusively, if any 5V power supply is connected (either external or internal).

View attachment 28953

I have one already on order and should have it around Tuesday.

So, after all the nonsense posted by some here, Adam, do you have any input into how good this card is as I know you replaced the old JCAT card with this one. I too have the old one and may replace it with this one.

I value your opinion so please post when you have an update.

Thanks
Howie

cjf

Nov 19, 2012
Maybe I'm missing something on what this device is meant to do but if someone is using a DAC that has Asyc USB which uses the DAC's internal Clock..etc then what value does the use of this type of card contribute? Isnt one of the main reasons for Async USB implementation on a DAC so that the source USB Output is not a concern?

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Maybe I'm missing something on what this device is meant to do but if someone is using a DAC that has Asyc USB which uses the DAC's internal Clock..etc then what value does the use of this type of card contribute? Isnt one of the main reasons for Async USB implementation on a DAC so that the source USB Output is not a concern?

Good question. I would like to hear the answer as well.

Additionally, I have an MSB Diamond V which has a QUAD USB/PROI2S board that supposedly buffers the data and clocks to the board "supposedly" isolating however it is being fed the data yet I hear clear differences between the (1st gen) JCAT card and those that preceded it as well as the Light Harmonics USB cable as well as JRiver versus Roon

Marcin_gps

Jun 24, 2015
jcat.eu
Good question. I would like to hear the answer as well.

Additionally, I have an MSB Diamond V which has a QUAD USB/PROI2S board that supposedly buffers the data and clocks to the board "supposedly" isolating however it is being fed the data yet I hear clear differences between the (1st gen) JCAT card and those that preceded it as well as the Light Harmonics USB cable as well as JRiver versus Roon

Exactly. Even with Async USB DACs differences in sound between various computer based transports are obvious.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
So, after all the nonsense posted by some here, Adam, do you have any input into how good this card is as I know you replaced the old JCAT card with this one. I too have the old one and may replace it with this one.

I value your opinion so please post when you have an update.

Thanks
Howie

I will post my impressions in a couple of days. I didn't have the time to compare both cards, and since I have also changed back from Win 10 + AO to Win 2012 + AO when installing the new card (BIG improvement over the Win 10; I have only installed Win 10 to try Roon) I need a couple of days to get used to a new base line.

All I can say for now - my system never sounded better.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Adam, any updated impressions?

RubenV.

Feb 23, 2015
@Marcin: did you compared this card with the PPA usb cards? I believe V3 and V4 use an OXCO clock, would this one be better?

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Dont look for any reply from Adam for at least a week. The poor fellow must be totally exhausted after the massive show.

What show?

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
What show?

Sorry guys, I was working triple shifts for the last 3 months.

When I first booked in to cover AVS 2016, I had no idea what to expect from it. Now that I’ve been there and done that, I can say with confidence that Poland’s Audio Video Show is poised to become one of the largest and most influential hi-fi events in the world. It has great organization, and insofar as the National Stadium goes, an incredible location. Come in 2017 and see if you agree. I think we’re coming back with a bigger team!

Doug Schneider
Founder, SoundStage!

http://www.soundstageglobal.com/ind...tional-stadium-hi-fi-s-best-ever-show-setting

This is the first Warsaw that we at Hifi Pig have attended but we’re so happy we made the effort because it has been undoubtedly one of the best, if not THE best we’ve been to. The people of Warsaw have been wonderfully welcoming, the food and drink has been spectacularly good and the company we’ve enjoyed has been marvellous.

http://hifipig.com/audio-video-show-2016-warsaw/

More to follow.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing