What are the most foot-tapping headphones out there? Opposite taste of Senn 600/800

caesar

May 30, 2010
What are the most musically engaging headphones out there that keep your feet tapping and enjoying music late into the night ?

My taste is completely opposite of the severely analytical Sennheiser 600/800/900 that just throw detail at you and bore you to death.

dalethorn

Headphone user
Dec 9, 2012
Cleveland TN.
dalethorn.com
What are the most musically engaging headphones out there that keep your feet tapping and enjoying music late into the night ? My taste is completely opposite of the severely analytical Sennheiser 600/800/900 that just throw detail at you and bore you to death.

ATH ESW9a, Philips Fidelio X2, Senn HD25SP with better earpads.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Hi

Hifiman HE6 with the appropriate amp.
Audeze LCD2

dalethorn

Headphone user
Dec 9, 2012
Cleveland TN.
dalethorn.com
Thank you. Does the new Focal Elear fit into this category?

The most reliable reviews I've read say that the Elear is warmer and slightly less detailed than the Utopia, but better on average for music listening. Given all of the weird sounding headphones I've had from $600 to $1700 USD, I'd say the Elear should be a real winner. But I'm looking to buy the Utopia anyway, just because....

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing