2018 Toyota Camry Photo Leak ?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Here's a more realistic and unbiased review of the 2018 Camry from MotorWeek. They mention that it's much improved overall, but that the 4-cylinder lacks any kick and that even the V6's 301HP doesn't make it into a competitive performance car. They also report that while overall it's quite refined from previous generations it's still very "appliance like" in its driving perspective, not really an enthusiast's car.

And just because he mentioned Lexus @ 4:48 in the video ...

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
This is another class altogether, compared to the 2018 Toyota Camry. The price is a good indicator.

Is the 2018 Lexus Sport model called the LS 500 F Sport?

_____

Should I included a bonus video, just for the fun of it? :b

Why not (makes life more "transportation integrated" on road's surface, on ocean's surface...summertime):

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
This is another class altogether, compared to the 2018 Toyota Camry. The price is a good indicator.

Is the 2018 Lexus Sport model called the LS 500 F Sport?

_____

Should I included a bonus video, just for the fun of it? :b

Why not (makes life more "transportation integrated" on road's surface, on ocean's surface...summertime):

Sailing can be a lot of fun too!:D

Equator Crossing Ceremony!:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RylPp6lkBw

Sailing around the world in 7 years!:cool:

http://www.youtube.com/user/briantrautman/featured

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Most expensive building?

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
2018 CAMRY vs MERCEDES S CLASS 560!: :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gw0V1ZY88k

2018 CAMRY vs MERCEDES AMG GT!..:b

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE_GTwUocOI
No offense to you AK since you didn't produce these videos, but I've rarely seen more meaningless auto videos. There's no comparison even made, just separate videos of each car driving with no comments on their relative strengths or performance. What use is that? You can put together a video like that comparing the cheapest worst car in the world to the best top of the line model. Completely worthless!

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
No offense to you AK since you didn't produce these videos, but I've rarely seen more meaningless auto videos. There's no comparison even made, just separate videos of each car driving with no comments on their relative strengths or performance. What use is that? You can put together a video like that comparing the cheapest worst car in the world to the best top of the line model. Completely worthless!

Audio_Karma should just create his own blog about the damn Camry, and leave WBF out of it. it's just clutter and noise. he is getting into 'Blizzard' territory.

if he was touting the Accord, I would be personally embarrassed by it.

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
+1 with Mike - While I'm seriously considering the purchase of a 2018 Camry or Accord I'd respectfully suggest that this thread might be suitable for "moderator intervention".

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
I just got back from test driving the 2018 Camry LE and the Mercedes S Class back-to-back.

Here's what I found out, both cars ride very smoothly! The Mercedes has a little smoother ride on rough roads but it's close! Both cars have very quiet cabins but you hear more engine noise from the Camry. The Mercedes handles good for a big car but the Camry is on another level! Much better!

After driving both cars I think the Camry is one hell of a bargain and even if I hit the Lottery I would still buy the Camry!!

Anyone here can go test drive both cars and give us your feedback too!

Who will be next here to compare both cars.. back-to-back ???:D:)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I too will be test driving the new 2018 Toyota Camry (2.5L). It is exciting. I am excited. It's like a taste of good civilization in 2018. :cool:
And later on we'll see on the Model 3, from Tesla.

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
By going with this new TNGA Platform Toyota saves 40% in plant costs so now they can give you a lot more for your money! Toyota said the new Camry is like moving up.. Two Classes Up! BARGAIN!.. and I'm a believer now after comparing it to a MERCEDES S CLASS!:p:)

http://pressroom.toyota.com/tnga/

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I saw that ? couple days ago or so, but I didn't post it, because I was afraid. :D
* I was looking for the best 360° panoramic video sites.

I want to ask you a question: Did you listen to the sound music system inside the brand new 2018 Toyota Camry?

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
I saw that ? couple days ago or so, but I didn't post it, because I was afraid. :D
* I was looking for the best 360° panoramic video sites.

I want to ask you a question: Did you listen to the sound music system inside the brand new 2018 Toyota Camry?

YES, I listened to the stereo system in the Camry and it sounds very good! The sound surrounds you like they are many more speaker drivers inside the cabin! The sound is very open and realistic like you hear in high priced cars! I think Toyota will sell a lot of these Camrys once the word gets out about how GOOD this car is NOW!!

I'm very afraid to post any more feedback on this new Camry.. on this forum! :D:rolleyes:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing