2018 Toyota Camry Photo Leak ?

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Perhaps Audio_Karma is giving us The Onion satire treatment in this thread.

Dawned on me this morning that his hyperbolic commentary about the Camry sounds an awful lot like an audio cable thread.

It would have been more authentic if he'd chosen a Bugatti to enthuse over rather than a Camry though.

So, good play Audio_Karma. :cool:

You should check his posting history ;)

Accord/Camry, who cares?

http://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/mark-phelan/2017/07/16/new-accord-camry/480884001/

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
There are numerous dealers at least in the Chicago area that offer lifetime warranties on all new cars they sell, so this isn't by any means exclusive to the new Camry or an indicator of its potential quality.

a Lifetime Warranty is purely a state of mind sort of thing......and not anything to pay any mind to. the qualifications and limitations result in an extremely remote likelihood of any benefit. it's a come on and nothing more. in fact I'd say it's unlikely any claim would ever be paid. I've given these considerable investigation.

it's amazing to me that such discerning people as Toyota or Honda customers are taken in with the words but don't investigate the substance. obviously this is why these dealers offer it.

Last edited:

The Smokester

Jun 7, 2010
N. California
a Lifetime Warranty is purely a state of mind sort of thing......and not anything to pay any mind to. the qualifications and limitations result in an extremely remote likelihood of any benefit. it's a come on and nothing more. in fact I'd say it's unlikely any claim would ever be paid. I've given these considerable investigation.

it's amazing to me that such discerning people as Toyota or Honda customers are taken in with the words but don't investigate the substance. obviously this is why these dealers offer it.

Thank you, Mike. I read the whole thread out of morbid curiousity. I think you restored balance to the universe in your three or four posts. :cool:

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
This New 2018 Camry has a "Extremely Smooth Ride' and a "Extremely Quiet Cabin" that use to be "Only Found On High Priced Luxury Sedans" !.. :cool:

http://www.carsifu.my/news/2018-honda-accord-and-toyota-camry-a-closer-look

As you can see these 2018 Camrys "Made In Japan" with the G Leather Package "TRD" Customized Parts, just looks better inside and out !.. :b :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxymd6ciHMM

And here's the G "Modellista Aero Kit" Package Made In Japan ! :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBu1GkgKo6w#t=3.741

Maybe this is what the 2021 or next Generation 2023 Camry will look like! :p :cool: :cool: Looks more like the 2018 Lexus LC 500 !! :D :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViC2l-UxYXU

Last edited:

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
I just returned from a short test drive of a black 2018 Camry SE 4 cylinder. First of all I'm 6'4"/270 lbs. but basically fit; there wasn't any headroom to spare but I was able to get positioned reasonably well without any other space concerns and the legroom was fine. The new platform is a huge improvement over previous generations with a very solid feel and refined ride quality, and I thought it was reasonably quiet. I liked the styling and finish quality of the interior with all the soft touch material. I did notice that the door closure sound is not a very solid 'k-thunk' and somewhat lightweight sounding in comparison to some of the competition, as noted in several of the online video reviews. The seats are also not very well padded and definitely on the hard side. While I'd be interested in the V6 version which was not yet available in my area the 4 cylinder engine seemed pretty nice within its expected performance limits. While moving in traffic I did experience some pretty rough shifts as it slammed into gear when giving only a moderate press to the accelerator, which I also noticed when I drove a 2017 Highlander V6 which uses the same transmission. So at this point the transmission seems like an issue which could keep me from seriously considering the purchase of the new 2018 Camry.

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
I just returned from a short test drive of a black 2018 Camry SE 4 cylinder. First of all I'm 6'4"/270 lbs. but basically fit; there wasn't any headroom to spare but I was able to get positioned reasonably well without any other space concerns and the legroom was fine. The new platform is a huge improvement over previous generations with a very solid feel and refined ride quality, and I thought it was reasonably quiet. I liked the styling and finish quality of the interior with all the soft touch material. I did notice that the door closure sound is not a very solid 'k-thunk' and somewhat lightweight sounding in comparison to some of the competition, as noted in several of the online video reviews. The seats are also not very well padded and definitely on the hard side. While I'd be interested in the V6 version which was not yet available in my area the 4 cylinder engine seemed pretty nice within its expected performance limits. While moving in traffic I did experience some pretty rough shifts as it slammed into gear when giving only a moderate press to the accelerator, which I also noticed when I drove a 2017 Highlander V6 which uses the same transmission. So at this point the transmission seems like an issue which could keep me from seriously considering the purchase of the new 2018 Camry.

This is why you should Never Buy a Car the in First Year of a New Generation! This Camry has a all new engine and a all new transmission and they will always be bugs to work out in the first year.

Some of the reviewers say the LE Model has the softest seats and smoothest ride.

The last generation Camry had a rough shifting transmission at first too!

I'm going to wait for the next generation so I can get a Camry that looks more like the Lexus LC 500!;)

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Wow, what a surprise that the majority of videos you've posted have been from Toyota dealers and they like it! :rolleyes: Not an impressive drive at all from my perspective as a potential buyer.

By next year Toyota will have the Camry transmission shifting very smoothly!;)

All Camrys have a rough shifting transmission the first year of a new generation!;)

I will Only Buy a Toyota or Lexus, all other Makes are Junk !:D

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
Maybe it's just me but I don't find it confidence inspiring when a manufacturer releases a new transmission which shifts quite roughly, even if they manage to have it fixed in next year's model. They should get it right during the design process before being released. The new 10-speed planetary transmission in the upcoming 2018 Honda Accord is already in use in their new Odyssey and is reported to have seamlessly smooth and virtually imperceptible gear shifts.

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Maybe it's just me but I don't find it confidence inspiring when a manufacturer releases a new transmission which shifts quite roughly, even if they manage to have it fixed in next year's model. They should get it right during the design process before being released. The new 10-speed planetary transmission in the upcoming 2018 Honda Accord is already in use in their new Odyssey and is reported to have seamlessly smooth and virtually imperceptible gear shifts.

That's the only thing I don't like about Toyota, they don't tweak the Transmission before leaving the factory.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
That's the only thing I don't like about Toyota, they don't tweak the Transmission before leaving the factory.

With rare exceptions like the Surpra TT and Lexus IS-F their motors all suck. Also, boring to drive.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing