2018 Toyota Camry Photo Leak ?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

For people interested; to me the Camry feels more analog inside than the more digital Accord...I prefer the interior feel of the Camry.

The screen on the center console; the Accord has more points.

The exterior lines; it is personal...to me the Camry exults a more sporty looks, from the back to the side and upfront. The Accord inspires touring elegance in its simplicity. It's a personal choice.

Sure, later on we'll discover more on real performance, handling, comfort, noise, fuel mileage, guts, ...all that jazz, including the stock sound system.

To me it's very interesting to read, to learn, to test, to listen to the dealers, the riders/drivers, the owners with their lifestyle. Those are moving machines, with a feel when riding them. Sound stereo systems are also moving machines, but without physical displacement and more on an emotional level...without more or less noise...mechanical or otherwise compressed digital or less...hi-res.

With cars there are no wires to power them and move from A to B. They are wireless machines, so no hi-end cables to compare in blind tests.

It is a lifestyle, a personal decision we all make. ...It goes for everything; our homes, cars, boats, trucks, bikes, hi-fi stereos, music album genres, the woman we marry, or women, and the way we raise our children, families, and the friends we hang out with and play with any occasionally argue with.

What is best? It's what decision we make that brings happiness in our life, with what we are able to afford from our hard work. I like this line: Work hard play hard...and play is what we all do...play music albums, play movie Blu-rays, play anything that spins our heads in harmonious pitch with our emotional chords.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010

For people interested; to me the Camry feels more analog inside than the more digital Accord...I prefer the interior feel of the Camry.

The screen on the center console; the Accord has more points.

The exterior lines; it is personal...to me the Camry exults a more sporty looks, from the back to the side and upfront. The Accord inspires touring elegance in its simplicity. It's a personal choice.

Sure, later on we'll discover more on real performance, handling, comfort, noise, fuel mileage, guts, ...all that jazz, including the stock sound system.

To me it's very interesting to read, to learn, to test, to listen to the dealers, the riders/drivers, the owners with their lifestyle. Those are moving machines, with a feel when riding them. Sound stereo systems are also moving machines, but without physical displacement and more on an emotional level...without more or less noise...mechanical or otherwise compressed digital or less...hi-res.

With cars there are no wires to power them and move from A to B. They are wireless machines, so no hi-end cables to compare in blind tests.

It is a lifestyle, a personal decision we all make. ...It goes for everything; our homes, cars, boats, trucks, bikes, hi-fi stereos, music album genres, the woman we marry, or women, and the way we raise our children, families, and the friends we hang out with and play with any occasionally argue with.

What is best? It's what decision we make that brings happiness in our life, with what we are able to afford from our hard work. I like this line: Work hard play hard...and play is what we all do...play music albums, play movie Blu-rays, play anything that spins our heads in harmonious pitch with our emotional chords.

Bob; have you actually personally seen up close, gotten inside, and driven the 2018 Camry?

or just looked at pictures, and read the fluff?

you have every right to have any opinion you choose, only the reader should understand the depth of your investigations.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Mike, is there something wrong? Wasn't my post clear?

as mud.

preference without distinction. not fluff, super fluff.

you don't make clear what you 'did' to make your discoveries.

on line info? in person? driven?

"I prefer the interior feel of the Camry"........from pictures? video? how did you get that feel without feeling it?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I guess you misunderstood my post. It's just a simple video showing two cars with music and I simply commented on the car's lines from up here.

It was very clear, and I mentioned that we'll have to wait for in-depth analysis and science of performance and reliability.

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
Motor Trend compares the 2018 Honda Accord with the 2018 Toyota Camry and declares the Accord as the clear winner, concluding:

"Holistically, though, there’s no comparison. The Accord is more comfortable, spacious, and luxurious than the Camry. It’s quieter, rides and handles better, and drives more elegantly. It offers superior technology with a more user-friendly interface. Simply put, Toyota built a better Camry, but Honda built a better car."

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Then it is settled. The 2018 Honda Accord is better than the 2018 Toyota Camry.

As a long time Honda/Acura fan, I am not surprised.

Time to close this thread!! :)

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Motor Trend compares the 2018 Honda Accord with the 2018 Toyota Camry and declares the Accord as the clear winner, concluding:

"Holistically, though, there’s no comparison. The Accord is more comfortable, spacious, and luxurious than the Camry. It’s quieter, rides and handles better, and drives more elegantly. It offers superior technology with a more user-friendly interface. Simply put, Toyota built a better Camry, but Honda built a better car."

we will watch as these direct comparisons come in from the Car magazines to see what the consistent message is.

I will be surprised if there is any other view than this one, but it has to play out for us to know.

being a better Camry is about all Toyota can do.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Yes, we'll have to wait for expert comparisons from car experts.
If the Honda Accord is a better car than the Toyota Camry I will get rid of my Honda Acura and get an Accord.

The main important thing is ... the sound system.

Happy Thanksgiving Day all across Canada.

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
:rolleyes:

we had the all-new 2018 Accord here at the dealership today doing training with our 25 salespeople. it's still 2 weeks to go to the 'on-sale' date....and none have arrived we can sell yet.

these salespeople are the one's who know their competition, and know how customers will view the new Accord. I saw it 6 weeks ago at the Dealer Meeting in Chicago and was stoked, but seeing and listening to how my crew reacted to the car today was pretty exciting.

as far as how it will directly compare to the 2018 Camry; let's just wait for the press to actually do their 'real' 'direct' comparisons.....and not just "fluff" and 'press releases' like this thread has been filled with. and let the chips fall where they may.

I now return you to the Audio_Karma Show.

I BET those Turbo:rolleyes: Engines are going have many problems down the road TOO!:D;)

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
I BET those Turbo:rolleyes: Engines are going have many problems down the road TOO!:D;)

if I was a Camry fanboy and I read the Motor Trend comments that would be the only thing I could say too. you cannot win your points on merits.....so try fear.

it's called a 'Hail Mary' when all seems lost.

I think the marketplace gives the highest credibility to Honda engines.

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
if I was a Camry fanboy and I read the Motor Trend comments that would be the only thing I could say too. you cannot win your points on merits.....so try fear.

it's called a 'Hail Mary' when all seems lost.

I think the marketplace gives the highest credibility to Honda engines.

This is the 2018 Toyota Camry Thread! , if you want to talk about the 2018 Junky:rolleyes: Honda Accord then Please start your own thread about that Junky Accord!:D;)

THANK YOU!:)

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
This is the 2018 Toyota Camry Thread! , if you want to talk about the 2018 Junky:rolleyes: Honda Accord then Please start your own thread about that Junky Accord!:D;)

a few of your previous Accord comments in this thread;

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...mry-Photo-Leak&p=460458&viewfull=1#post460458

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...mry-Photo-Leak&p=463071&viewfull=1#post463071

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...mry-Photo-Leak&p=466518&viewfull=1#post466518

and now after there is actual direct 'real life' comparisons about the 18' Accord <-> 18' Camry you don't want to talk about Accord here.

I'm going to avoid saying anything rude. i'll let you decide to continue this topic or not.

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
a few of your previous Accord comments in this thread;

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...mry-Photo-Leak&p=460458&viewfull=1#post460458

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...mry-Photo-Leak&p=463071&viewfull=1#post463071

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...mry-Photo-Leak&p=466518&viewfull=1#post466518

and now after there is actual direct 'real life' comparisons about the 18' Accord <-> 18' Camry you don't want to talk about Accord here.

I'm going to avoid saying anything rude. i'll let you decide to continue this topic or not.

You can post anything you want but post it on your own Honda Accord.. thread!;)

Thank You:)

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
You can post anything you want but post it on your own Honda Accord.. thread!;)

Thank You:)

so now you are a moderator?:rolleyes:

I think we will all post what we want to post on this thread....assuming it does not get closed by the real moderators.

it (the thread) does not pass the smell test anymore.

YMMV

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
I completely agree with Mike. Since this thread's originator brought up the Honda Accord several times in comparison to the Camry discussing the Accord in this thread should be fair game. Just like once an attorney brings up a topic in questioning it's then an open door for the opposing attorney to further pursue.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Look, Toyota just makes boring cars. Even their sports cars are boring. A friend has both a Supra TT and an IS-F, while they are quick and competent they are not exciting cars imo.

Toyota focuses on manufacturing efficiency and making a better toaster. They are very good at manufacturing and cost-cutting and they are an example to the entire world as far as that goes. But making cars I want to drive is another story and I don't like Toyota products that much. Honda has been boring for a long time now but are starting to offer products that are more engaging to drive, and in the past their performance cars, like the S2000, were very good in all ways.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

I thought you had a wide expanded vision...with comparisons being the portal of knowledge's expansion?

If we don't compare products; gear, cars, phones, music recordings, films, turntables, DACs, speakers, amplifiers, tubes, fuses, feet, cables, etc., how can we know for certain that what we drive is the best?

Just simple logic/good common sense. I am convinced that both Toyota and Honda make excellent reliable cars and fuel efficient and of value. The new 2018 Toyota Camry is probably among some of the best in those regards...she is probably not alone in her field. And it is in the wide field that her true colors can shine. All by herself the rainbow is as beautiful as from the surroundings we are witnessing her when she occurs...in the now and then. It's a way of speech, in an open and realistic view of what the vast horizon contains from 7.5 billion set of eyes...various perspectives.

The 2018 Camry is as good to what she is compared to. ...In her price range and all that jazz. ...Mpg.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Look, Toyota just makes boring cars. Even their sports cars are boring. A friend has both a Supra TT and an IS-F, while they are quick and competent they are not exciting cars imo.

Toyota focuses on manufacturing efficiency and making a better toaster. They are very good at manufacturing and cost-cutting and they are an example to the entire world as far as that goes. But making cars I want to drive is another story and I don't like Toyota products that much. Honda has been boring for a long time now but are starting to offer products that are more engaging to drive, and in the past their performance cars, like the S2000, were very good in all ways.

Toyota makes toasters too?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing