2018 Toyota Camry Photo Leak ?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
But I could not afford to pay real live musicians.. after spending $15K on the Yamaha ns 5000 speakers!:D

It's free to build good relationships with good musician friends.
The skinnier they are the better it is for the car. ...Women musician friends.

Or you can learn to play the piano, saxophone, guitar or cello.

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
This new 2018 Camry '4-cylinder engine' has the POWER!:b;)

Did you see it! Real World 0 to 60 in 6.2 seconds!!:p

Rick said 0 to 60 in only 5.5 seconds or so BUT I'm AFRAID to agree with that!:D

Who needs a TURBO ENGINE when you can now get turbo power without the turbo engine with this non-turbo 4-cylinder engine in the new 2018 Toyota Camry! :D:cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVhHptlpa2A

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I bet they're going to sell like hot donuts. They look luxurious in person; some colors are simply fantastic.
I cannot believe that such a beauty costs almost nothing. Life's good.

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
I bet they're going to sell like hot donuts. They look luxurious in person; some colors are simply fantastic.
I cannot believe that such a beauty costs almost nothing. Life's good.

Life is very good these days for the costs almost nothing Toyota Camry BUT not good news for other car makers around this price range or even higher priced!;)

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
That's ridiculous and more "fake news"; the established car review mags have its zero to 60 times in the 7.8 to 8.2 second range.

WHEN I TEST DROVE A 2017 CAMRY V6 and a 2018 Camry 4-cylinder back to back, I found out that the 2018 Camry 4-cylinder was just as powerful as the 2017 Camry V6!

This VIDEO is PROOF that this is TRUE NOW ! No 'Fake:rolleyes: News' Here!:D;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVhHptlpa2Aa

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
Their new 4 cylinder puts out between 203-206 hp with 184-186 lb-ft torque; the V6 puts out 301 hp with 267 lb-ft torque. Glad you found them to be equivalent but they're clearly not!

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Their new 4 cylinder puts out between 203-206 hp with 184-186 lb-ft torque; the V6 puts out 301 hp with 267 lb-ft torque. Glad you found them to be equivalent but they're clearly not!

I'm not talking about the new 2018:rolleyes: 301 hp V6! I've only drove the older 2017 V6!:D

The 2018 Honda Accord better watch out because the 2018 Toyota Camry 4-cylinder has 'Turbo:cool:Engine POWER' too!:D;)

Last edited:

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
Don't know how you interpreted it but others timing the same video determined it to have an 8 to 9 second zero to 60 time, nowhere near 5.5 seconds. Sorry about my mistake on your comments about the V6, you did state that you were comparing the 2018 4 cylinder to the 2017 V6. I've driven both of those and still don't agree with your assessment, but believe whatever makes you happy - life's too short!

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Last edited:

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
That's exactly why I posted them, after diligent research.
There were more reviews in the same target range, and none of 5.5 seconds with the 4 cylinders 2018 Toyota Camry model. But I'm very open; if there is a pro review claiming that type of performance I'd like to read it, from a provided link, thank you very much.

In the second article (link) it mentioned this:

"While many of the popular mid-size sedans have dropped V6 options in favor of turbocharged four-cylinder engines, Toyota is offering a new 3.5-liter direct injection V6. It has an EPA fuel economy rating of 22/33/26-mpg, and a 0 to 60 mph acceleration time of only 5.5 seconds."

So maybe it was the 6-cylinder model that was capable of that performance.

All in all this new car is very impressive, no matter what ... IMHO

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
That's exactly why I posted them, after diligent research.
There were more reviews in the same target range, and none of 5.5 seconds with the 4 cylinders 2018 Toyota Camry model. But I'm very open; if there is a pro review claiming that type of performance I'd like to read it, from a provided link, thank you very much.

In the second article (link) it mentioned this:

"While many of the popular mid-size sedans have dropped V6 options in favor of turbocharged four-cylinder engines, Toyota is offering a new 3.5-liter direct injection V6. It has an EPA fuel economy rating of 22/33/26-mpg, and a 0 to 60 mph acceleration time of only 5.5 seconds."

So maybe it was the 6-cylinder model that was capable of that performance.

All in all this new car is very impressive, no matter what ... IMHO

Now this reviewer thought the 2018 Camry '4-CYLINDER' was just as powerful as the 2017 Camry V-6 , just like I found out after driving both cars 'back to back' too! :rolleyes: ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uly8_-IFrDo

Rick has the 4-Cylinder engine that does 0 to 60 in 5.5 seconds!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlQu5WxsJY8

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
^ The first video above I've already saw it a while back.
And on the second video there is zero mention of 0 to 60 in 5.5 seconds, none.

* Rick for sure loves his new 4-cylinder Japanese made ride in white.
And for only twenty-five grands brand new out-the-door, who wouldn't.
It has no competition; mileage economy, performance, features, design, comfort and value wise, none. ...Not even from Honda, Nissan, BMW.

And I truly don't lose any sleep over 0 to 60 in 3 or 10 seconds.
If I want a rocket (Chiron or Veyron Bugatti) or a limousine (Rolls Royce) I know where to find them, same as that 2.5-liter 2018 Toyota Camry (purple).
_____

Bonus quizz:

What is it? ^

Hint: 94 years ago.

Last edited:

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
^ The first video above I've already saw it a while back.
And on the second video there is zero mention of 0 to 60 in 5.5 seconds, none.

* Rick for sure loves his new 4-cylinder Japanese made ride in white.
And for only twenty-five grands brand new out-the-door, who wouldn't.
It has no competition; mileage economy, performance, features, design, comfort and value wise, none. ...Not even from Honda, Nissan, BMW.

And I truly don't lose any sleep over 0 to 60 in 3 or 10 seconds.
If I want a rocket (Chiron or Veyron Bugatti) or a limousine (Rolls Royce) I know where to find them, same as that 2.5-liter 2018 Toyota Camry (purple).
_____

Bonus quizz:

What is it? ^

Here you go...0 to 60 in 5.5 seconds VIDEO. I bet Toyota will sell a lot of these Camry 4-cylinders !

I bet Toyota in '2019' will out sell the Ford F-150!

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Bullshit, it's like 8-9 second range. You're nuts, so nuts I can't even tell if you're serious about anything you post.

It's VERY easy to look at the second go by looking at the video timer. Car starts about :56, ends at 1:05, with a little smudge room that maybe it's under 9s because you aren't using a stop watch or anything official.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Here you go...0 to 60 in 5.5 seconds VIDEO.

I'm slightly sorry to disappoint you Audio_Karma, but I chronometered him @ exactly 9.0 seconds. ...Three times in a row with my very accurate chronometer...professional grade racing stop watch.

If you have one check it out, and you'll see I'm dead on.
If you don't have a pro chronometer, check if one of your watches has that feature.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Bullshit, it's like 8-9 second range. You're nuts, so nuts I can't even tell if you're serious about anything you post.

It's VERY easy to look at the second go by looking at the video timer. Car starts about :56, ends at 1:05, with a little smudge room that maybe it's under 9s because you aren't using a stop watch or anything official.

From 0:56 to 1:05 ... exactly. ...Nine seconds there too.
_____

It's a real nice car, Japanese built, reliable, excellent fuel economy (4 cylinders model, 2.5 liters), very affordable (base model), tra-la-la all that consumer roady jazz, and/but from pro drivers ... 0 to 60 was clocked @ just under 8 seconds (7.8 and 7.9)...@ best.
In that video (Rick) I clocked him @ exactly 9.0 seconds sharp. But Rick ain't a pro driver, the reason why he was 1.1 second late.
_____

It's all good man, the V6 model is supposed to be faster, @ 5.5 seconds.
The main thing is this; it uses gas instead of electricity...so it loses the edge in a world constantly evolving towards cleaner and healthier air to breathe.

How important is this in the world we live in today? ...To me, very important.
* Toyota does have a hybrid model.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing