2018 Toyota Camry Photo Leak ?

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Last edited:

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
What Top Speed said about the 2018 Camry, "It's Surprisingly GOOD"! is a big deal, because they have test drove more high performance cars than anyone else..by far!!:cool:

Audioseduction

Dec 6, 2010
FLORIDA
Camry way too slow for me.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
2018 Accord named North American Car of the Year

The awards are among the most prestigious in the industry because they are chosen by a panel of more than 60 jurors from print, online and broadcast media across the United States and Canada. Votes were tallied confidentially by Deloitte LLP and remained sealed until they were announced today by NACTOY officers, President Mark Phelan, Vice President Matt DeLorenzo and Secretary-Treasurer Lauren Fix at Cobo Center in Detroit.

“Honda seems to have executed some sort of magic trick — not only is this 10th-generation Accord far sleeker and more decisively styled than its predecessor, it’s somehow roomier inside, too,” said Chris Paukert, a NACTOY juror and managing editor of Road Show by CNET. “Even in low-end trims, it drives well and offers a strong amount of standard equipment.”

https://northamericancaroftheyear.org/2018-nactoy-winners-announced/

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Ah, you were on the news early Mike. I just saw the news few minutes ago on that one.

Here's a joke: Who voted for best American car, the Russians? :D

Bravo Honda, good showing. The Toyota Camry still looks cooler though.
The Honda Accord's looks alone is in no way a fatal attraction to my personal eyes...just the looks Madame.

But it's the overall performance that counts @ the end...and these car experts know more than us on what constitutes the winning criteria.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Ah, you were on the news early Mike. I just saw the news few minutes ago on that one.

Here's a joke: Who voted for best American car, the Russians? :D

Bravo Honda, good showing. The Toyota Camry still looks cooler though.
The Honda Accord's looks alone is in no way a fatal attraction to my personal eyes...just the looks Madame.

But it's the overall performance that counts @ the end...and these car experts know more than us on what constitutes the winning criteria.

it's my business to know these things and my sources are hard wired in my daily industry feed.

as my post above states, it was 60 press jurors from the United States and Canada who voted. this award carries the highest prestige in the industry and is most valued. MT is better known by the public, but is just one publication.

as far as looks, let's see looking back in 5 years which car ages gracefully, and which one goes in the dust bin of time quickly. that's an easy one to see. Toyota has tried to breathe life into it's Camry forever, and it's design looks overdone and too tricky. the Accord is much more refined and classic. time will tell us how that worked.

GSOphile

Sep 3, 2017
Love the V6. Hate the front end appearance (all models). I'm with the majority automotive press - prefer the Accord..... at least until the 2018 Mazda6 arrives. Then we'll see.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
it's my business to know these things and my sources are hard wired in my daily industry feed.

as my post above states, it was 60 press jurors from the United States and Canada who voted. this award carries the highest prestige in the industry and is most valued. MT is better known by the public, but is just one publication.

as far as looks, let's see looking back in 5 years which car ages gracefully, and which one goes in the dust bin of time quickly. that's an easy one to see. Toyota has tried to breathe life into it's Camry forever, and it's design looks overdone and too tricky. the Accord is much more refined and classic. time will tell us how that worked.

Here's a guy with Good Taste...better than the 2018 Accord!:D;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMjjRMXS724

Which turntable is best, which TV is best...Sony, LG, which movie is best...Dunkirk, Blade Runner 2049, which ... is best?

The car experts measuring the Camry, Accord and Sonata, testing them extensively in and out, analysing all aspects of design and performance, following all criteria in safety, value, reliability, comfort, fuel consumption, acceleration, fatigue, sound system, noise reduction, echo chamber, quiet cabin, all type of terrain and road and highway handling, straight lines, steering wheel, tires, sharp curves, wet and windy roads, bumps, holes, sunny days, air conditioning, cooling system, lights, etc., everything over time...they do what they do best and it's a great deal of certification from all tests and measurements. It counts.

The drivers who drive those cars, the three mentioned here; they know what they like but they don't know it all, as measured and tested extensively by the car experts. You cannot take that away from them. The ultimate balance is in the choices we made and live with, each person individually, and not globally.

Methinks....

Last edited:

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
These days when buying a new Toyota you should buy a Japan built Toyota because there's a lot of crack head Americans making these Toyota's here in the USA now !:mad:

www.toyotanation.com/forum/802-camr...018-xse-v6-check-engine-light-flashing-2.html

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Sorry to see things come to this.

Looks like your Toyota love fest is over.

Time to close this thread! :)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
These days when buying a new Toyota you should buy a Japan built Toyota because there's a lot of crack head Americans making these Toyota's here in the USA now !:mad:

www.toyotanation.com/forum/802-camr...018-xse-v6-check-engine-light-flashing-2.html

Honda is making cars in America too. ...Accord, Acura, ... we live in North America, my stereo is from Japan, I work for an American company, I live in Canada, my brother lives in a Cuba, my sister lives in Montreal, my daughter flies all over the world, my fridge is made in Quebec, my TV wax assembled in Mexico, my tires are from USA, the roads I travel were made by Canadians, French, British, Irish, and Americans. My ancestors came from France and Ireland and Indians.

The food I eat is made in Canada, USA, Mexico, Thailand, Hong Kong, Ecuador, San Salvador, France, China, ... I eat Italian Chinese, Indian, Vietnamese, French, Canadian cuisine. I love fish from the Pacific, lobster from the Atlantic.

My vegetables are grown organically locally. My apples are from my trees, my plums too, and my prunes, and apricots. I love avocados.

http://driving.ca/toyota/auto-news/...-the-number-of-japanese-brand-cars-it-imports
___

* Bonus: http://driving.ca/toyota/camry/reviews/road-test/reader-review-2018-camry-xle-v6

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing