2018 Toyota Camry Photo Leak ?

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
if I was a Camry fanboy and I read the Motor Trend comments that would be the only thing I could say too. you cannot win your points on merits.....so try fear.

it's called a 'Hail Mary' when all seems lost.

I think the marketplace gives the highest credibility to Honda engines.

I seen that Motor Trend review and because your deep into the diminishing returns with both these cars it comes down to the reviewer's personal taste and this reviewer picked the Accord. But I bet they will be reviewers that will pick the Camry over the Accord in the near future too. Just like stereos or anything else, it always comes down to your own personal taste!;)

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
I seen that Motor Trend review and because your deep into the diminishing returns with both these cars it comes down to the reviewer's personal taste and this reviewer picked the Accord. But I bet they will be reviewers that will pick the Camry over the Accord in the near future too. Just like stereos or anything else, it always comes down to your own personal taste!;)

are you really that out of touch with reality?

you said 'I bet'......so let's do that. if the next 2 online reviews with head to head results pick the Accord as overall the better choice you will ask the moderators to close this thread. if they don't pick the Accord then I will leave this thread and not come back.

3 out of 3 and we can end this sad exercise.

are you willing to put your money where your mouth is?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Speaking of Toyota and Honda (both mentioned), and among other big companies, automakers, etc., ... somehow related and brand new fresh news:
Here ? http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...apans-reputation/ar-AAtfcMw?OCID=ansmsnnews11

"Companies ranging from the automakers Toyota Motor and Honda Motor to aircraft companies like Boeing and Mitsubishi Heavy Industry said they were investigating the use of rolled aluminum and other materials from Kobe in their products. They also said they were trying to determine if substandard materials had been used in their products, and if so, whether they presented safety hazards."

This is very big/huge news from Japan, a must read article and a must watch video, from the link above.

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
are you really that out of touch with reality?

you said 'I bet'......so let's do that. if the next 2 online reviews with head to head results pick the Accord as overall the better choice you will ask the moderators to close this thread. if they don't pick the Accord then I will leave this thread and not come back.

3 out of 3 and we can end this sad exercise.

are you willing to put your money where your mouth is?

Your out of touch with reality if you think these new Honda Accords with their turbo engines and CVT transmissions are not going to have ANY BIG PROBLEMS down the road!:D

You can go on any car forums that has brand new cars with turbo engines and CVT transmissions and see all the problems they are having now! I bet in the future Honda will have problems with their all new Honda Accord, just like these other car makers too!

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Hi

I can't believe this thread went on for so long...

I am a Toyota fan, we can call them boring all we want, they simply work... so well that we can forget about them.. Better than any other car ...
The new Camry is out there and it is as boring as ever and likely as reliable :D

So i ask why is this thread still going on!????

My first and last contribution to it BTW

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Hi

I can't believe this thread went on for so long...

I am a Toyota fan, we can call them boring all we want, they simply work... so well that we can forget about them.. Better than any other car ...
The new Camry is out there and it is as boring as ever and likely as reliable :D

So i ask why is this thread still going on!????

My first and last contribution to it BTW

The Camry is not boring anymore, it now has sports car like handling now!

As you can see, forum members here don't like it because the Toyota Camry is on the What's Best Forum here, see I was right about that!:rolleyes:

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
I have a 2012 Camry Hybrid XLE and it has been stone reliable. Yes, I am looking for a new car, maybe after this winter. I will look at the new Camrys and there are a few Hondas that I am interested in as well, even the Accord. Between my friends, family and neighbors, all with either Honda or Toyota, not a lick of trouble from either nameplate. It's all good, like a great stereo, what flavor do you like.

It's so funny to see us argue about the truly subjective nonsense. Please calm down everyone.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
:)

Thank you Bob. These are first world problems. We'd love to see your toaster :p

It's a classic, my Dad had the same one; let me see if I can accommodate you.
Get ready, you are in for a real true ride, with perfect toasted slices.

It is a vintage toaster, not a modern boring one, and the power chord is dressed from sexy lingerie material, not rubber.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Here:

This is the exact toaster I have; a 1942 vintage Sunbeam toaster Model T-20B

The power cord is truly made of clothing material, like sexy lingerie, I kid you not.
It is not the cheap black rubber and ugly looking variety.
_____

Sorry for the slice off tropic interlude, it is not a Camry.
And the car I am driving today is a few years older "humble bee" black Honda Acura 3.2TL
I will depart the surface of this globe before she does; they just go on forever into eternity them motors...they are immortal. ...Toyota Camry too, and same for my Sunbeam toaster...like a laser beam from the sun...Elon Musk.

Last edited:

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I went to the US News site and it appears they haven't reviewed the 2018 Accord yet. All of the info referenced the 2017 Accord.

Perhaps the Camry's top rating will change after they review the 2018 Accord.

Then again, if you like the Camry best, go get one and have fun with it. Doesn't really matter what someone else thinks.

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
There have been several comparisons of these popular new 2018 models now published, and all that I've seen have ranked the Accord ahead of the Camry. Some found it to be a close call but the overall consensus has definitely been that the Accord just seems to be a more refined car.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing