2018 Toyota Camry Photo Leak ?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Don't be like me, be brave. :D ...Besides, you are in the correct forum's section: Car Forum. Nothing bad can happen; you are in good hands. :b

Look back @ some threads of a not so distant past and you will see how some subjects are analysed and discussed in great depth and with minute detail attention.
It is one of the forte here; nothing is left unturned under a rock.

Anyway, I love cars and they are part of this site. I was just humorous when I said I was afraid; I am not afraid.
I want you to be the most happy man on the planet, and me, and them, and everyone else. That's the best we can do.

I have another question for you: What is your favorite color for this particular 2018 model? I guess it also depends of which series, four or six cylinders and model:

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Don't be like me, be brave. :D ...Besides, you are in the correct forum's section: Car Forum. Nothing bad can happen; you are in good hands. :b

Look back @ some threads of a not so distant past and you will see how some subjects are analysed and discussed in great depth and with minute detail attention.
It is one of the forte here; nothing is left unturned under a rock.

Anyway, I love cars and they are part of this site. I was just humorous when I said I was afraid; I am not afraid.
I want you to be the most happy man on the planet, and me, and them, and everyone else. That's the best we can do.

I have another question for you: What is your favorite color for this particular 2018 model? I guess it also depends of which series, four or six cylinders and model:

I liked white on both series!

When some here do compare this car to the Mercedes S Class they are going to be a lot of pissed off people here! It might start a war here!:rolleyes:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
No war here. :b We drive what we like; Camry, Lexus, Acura, Tesla, Ferrari, Porsche, Aston Martin, Jaguar, Mustang, McLaren, BMW, Rolls-Royce, Cadillac, Bugatti, ...
We see them on the streets, on the highways, in the cities, on the scenic drives along the ocean, and there are no wars.

It's the exact same with audio; it gets us where we want to, in the style of our choosing.

In my mind, from my and your readings here and over there, there is no doubt that the new 2018 Toyota Camry is a winner so far.
It would suit perfectly well a highly diverse clientele in many colors.

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
The review from Car Pro USA is the most Realistic review I've seen yet!:b

He's very brave to speak the truth about this 2018 Camry!;)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
There are billions of other 2018 Toyota Camry youtube videos; and from the vast majority of them, the conclusion I came to:
This car seems to be the perfect car for the North American customers. It's good for saving money on gas (by the way, the price of gas went up last week; here in Canada it's $1.50 per liter for premium), and it looks serious.

* On the other hand many car manufacturers now are starting or keeping up in developing competition to Tesla electric self-auto-pilot cars. ...Including Hyundai:
? http://www.barrons.com/articles/tesla-has-another-rival-as-hyundai-unveils-ev-plans-1502960074

If the 2019-2020 Toyota Camry can get rid of its fuel tank and add a state-of-the-art auto-pilot system with an electric grid (battery good for 500 miles plus, in one single charge), ....all the smart jazz; that would be an excellent direction. I think. The more smart competition to Tesla the smarter car makers will get.

But yeah, for now the Camry looks real swell with tons of car dealers/supporters, and car drivers/reviewers, and customers. 3D might be dead but fuel ain't dead yet, not in America, not in many parts of our globe; the busy ones with trillions of cars on highways and city streets...Bangkok, New York, Montreal, San Francisco, Toronto, Vancouver, Washington, Paris, London, Hong Kong, Mexico City, Beijing, Berlin, Dublin, Abu Dhabi, Seoul, Madrid, Islamabad, Lisbon, Manila, Riyadh, Amsterdam, Kuala Lumpur and Moscow.

* I've read good things too from the new Honda Accord. But that's for another thread. :b

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
There are billions of other 2018 Toyota Camry youtube videos; and from the vast majority of them, the conclusion I came to:
This car seems to be the perfect car for the North American customers. It's good for saving money on gas (by the way, the price of gas went up last week; here in Canada it's $1.50 per liter for premium), and it looks serious.

* On the other hand many car manufacturers now are starting or keeping up in developing competition to Tesla electric self-auto-pilot cars. ...Including Hyundai:
? http://www.barrons.com/articles/tesla-has-another-rival-as-hyundai-unveils-ev-plans-1502960074

If the 2019-2020 Toyota Camry can get rid of its fuel tank and add a state-of-the-art auto-pilot system with an electric grid (battery good for 500 miles plus, in one single charge), ....all the smart jazz; that would be an excellent direction. I think. The more smart competition to Tesla the smarter car makers will get.

But yeah, for now the Camry looks real swell with tons of car dealers/supporters, and car drivers/reviewers, and customers. 3D might be dead but fuel ain't dead yet, not in America, not in many parts of our globe; the busy ones with trillions of cars on highways and city streets...Bangkok, New York, Montreal, San Francisco, Toronto, Vancouver, Washington, Paris, London, Hong Kong, Mexico City, Beijing, Berlin, Dublin, Abu Dhabi, Seoul, Madrid, Islamabad, Lisbon, Manila, Riyadh, Amsterdam, Kuala Lumpur and Moscow.

* I've read good things too from the new Honda Accord. But that's for another thread. :b

The conclusion I came to is...Amazing Bargain after comparing it to a Mercedes S Class.. back to back!:D;)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Well, twenty five grands for a brand new 2018 Toyota Camry (2.5L) with an interior decor like that and with a very elegant ride, and peppy, is like eating good popcorn with real butter for free while watching 'Gravity' in full IMAX 3D on a night of a total full solar eclipse*.
* By the way, there's one comin' up soon; next Monday. :cool:

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Here's a closer look at the underbody suspension on the 2018 Camry that gives it that very smooth ride! Just wait until people find out that Toyota is bringing all the Lexus Goodness to the Camry!..:D;)

The Ford F150 better watch out!!:D:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T44fu_km-88

This review is the Best yet and it gives me Goosebumps every time I look at it!... Very Realistic Review!!:D;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V-6RtBVV54

Last edited:

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
Just to be a bit more "fair and balanced" in this thread, not all reviews of the new 2018 Camry are raves. I've test driven an SE and was not overly impressed with the experience. The transmission exhibited some very rough downshifts, the 4-cylinder engine was noisy and I find comparisons to much higher end luxury cars to be unjustified and honestly a bit ridiculous. Here's an example of another perspective on the 2018 Camry from Edmunds which rates it pretty fairly overall earning 3.5 out of 5 stars. https://www.edmunds.com/toyota/camry/2018/sedan/review/

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Just to be a bit more "fair and balanced" in this thread, not all reviews of the new 2018 Camry are raves. I've test driven an SE and was not overly impressed with the experience. The transmission exhibited some very rough downshifts, the 4-cylinder engine was noisy and I find comparisons to much higher end luxury cars to be unjustified and honestly a bit ridiculous. Here's an example of another perspective on the 2018 Camry from Edmunds which rates it pretty fairly overall earning 3.5 out of 5 stars. https://www.edmunds.com/toyota/camry/2018/sedan/review/

This is a Luxury Sedan...the Tesla Model S ! This person took both cars on the same road trip and the Ride was Surprisingly Similar!..:cool:

http://www.finance.yahoo.com/news/took-tesla-model-toyota-camry-141448701.html

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
So basically you get five 2018 Toyota Camry Model SE for the price of one 2018 Tesla Model S ($25,000 times five = $125,000).
With the Camry you have to put gas and oil and drive it yourself (roughly 35 Mpg combined).
With the Tesla you have to put the charger overnight and it drives itself, more or less.
It's a decision for different people, with different backgrounds (financial/economics and ecology).

If I was giving the choice between five of those and one of these (where they give me $130,000 free and I had to spend it one way or the other), I would pick five Camry SE. I would keep one for myself and give the other four to my family.

If it would be my own money, with my background, I would pick my color and with the optional features that suit me best and buy the Camry.
Because, there will be more electric cars coming up in the next few years from different car manufacturers with better styles than the Tesla Model S and for less money.

* Are you driving a 2018 Camry right now? I can't remember; too many movies. :b

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
This is a Luxury Sedan...the Tesla Model S ! This person took both cars on the same road trip and the Ride was Surprisingly Similar!..:cool:

http://www.finance.yahoo.com/news/took-tesla-model-toyota-camry-141448701.html
Common now, let's be fair here. The writer did say that the rides were surprisingly similar, but then went on to say "Right up front, I don't want anyone to confuse this review with a serious comparison of the Tesla Model S P90D and the new Toyota Camry... There's no comparison, really... the two cars are formally similar. Four wheels, four doors, seating for five..." and concludes "the upshot is an objectively less dull Camry, and that's an achievement." Talk about looking at any review of the new Camry with rose colored glasses!

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
So basically you get five 2018 Toyota Camry Model SE for the price of one 2018 Tesla Model S ($25,000 times five = $125,000).
With the Camry you have to put gas and oil and drive it yourself (roughly 35 Mpg combined).
With the Tesla you have to put the charger overnight and it drives itself, more or less.
It's a decision for different people, with different backgrounds (financial/economics and ecology).

If I was giving the choice between five of those and one of these (where they give me $130,000 free and I had to spend it one way or the other), I would pick five Camry SE. I would keep one for myself and give the other four to my family.

If it would be my own money, with my background, I would pick my color and with the optional features that suit me best and buy the Camry.
Because, there will be more electric cars coming up in the next few years from different car manufacturers with better styles than the Tesla Model S and for less money.

* Are you driving a 2018 Camry right now? I can't remember; too many movies. :b

Not yet but if I would hit the Powerball I would upgrade to the Camry XLE with 16 inch wheels!:D;)

http://www.businessinsider.com/toyota-camry-review-pictures-2017-8

Last edited:

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
The 2018 Accord hasn't been released yet, but once it is you can be sure there will be an abundance of positive press on it as well. Nothing surprising about these endless reviews...

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
The 2018 Accord hasn't been released yet, but once it is you can be sure there will be an abundance of positive press on it as well. Nothing surprising about these endless reviews...

When Ed Wallace, Luxury Sedan Reviewer!..:b from Dallas-Fort Worth Who Only Raves About High-Priced Luxury Sedans But Raves About A Cheap Camry too!!!...:p you know you have made it to the Top Of The Sedan World!:D;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sPMHb3mVV8

If you read between the lines here in this review I think Ed Wallace is letting the cat out of the bag here, saying the new 2018 Camry might be better than the new 2018 Accord.. This Time Around!:D

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing