2018 Toyota Camry Photo Leak ?

Keith_W

Mar 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.whatsbestforum.com
Look out Mercedes S-Class.. the all new Camry is coming soon !!...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Excuse me.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!

There is no way that Mercedes or any sane person will think that this mass market refrigerator on wheels is any threat to the S-Class. Camry's are for insurance salesmen and accountants. I admire Toyota for being able to manufacture something so reliable so cheaply. But as for luxury, they have no clue.

Keith_W

Mar 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.whatsbestforum.com
Tell that to all of the Lexus owners !!

I do tell them that :) A Lexus uses the same chassis as Toyota with many parts in common. You pay more for leather seats and the Lexus badge. A Toyota is a sensible car and well priced - i'll give them that. But it is not a luxury car, and slapping a luxury badge on it does not turn it into a luxury car.

BTW - a friend bought a new Lexus. I sat in it and told him that i'm impressed that his Toyota has such nice leather seats. He said "everyone says it's a nice Toyota ... it's not a Toyota, it's a Lexus!!". I pointed out that nobody would make the same mistake with a BMW or a Mercedes. His next car was a Mercedes.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Tell that to all of the Lexus owners !!

Lexus is definately NOT a Toyota. At least not the LS one, which is a direct competitor to upmarket BMW 7s, Audi A8s and Merc S-Class. The build quality and the ride comfort are simply amazing. The new S-Class is probably better (my father owns one), but there is the new LS coming.

I'm actually thinking about getting the old, original LS400, as an early classic. IMO this is the best engineered car of the 90s.

PS. Audi (S5/Q5) owner here.

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
I really think this new Camry is going to shock a lot people in late June or around July 4! ;)

The 4th of July weekend would be the "Perfect Time" to bring this all new Camry on the market....A LOT people will be raving about this new car:p as the Fireworks Go Off! ;)

Last edited:

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Toyota dumps 1.3B into Kentucky to build a better 2018 Camry:b

This new 2018 Camry uses the same... "Platform" as the all new Lexus LC-500 and the all new Lexus LS-500 uses!.. :b "The Camry has Never had the same "Platform" as the Lexus LS before"!!:p

Here's more info..

http://corporatenews.pressroom.toyo...nnounces+record+investment+kentucky+plant.htm

The 2018 Camry uses the same Platform as the all new Lexus LS 500 !!:b

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/toyota-dumps-1-3b-into-kentucky-to-build-a-better-camry/

Last edited:

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
I saw one with MFR plates this past weekend cruising in Naperville IL. Many pictures of different models and colors in the wild on this dedicated forum thread. The press embargo on further details is reported to be lifted on June 21st, but according to a recent product presentation it stated that the official release is not until September 1st.

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
I saw one with MFR plates this past weekend cruising in Naperville IL. Many pictures of different models and colors in the wild on this dedicated forum thread. The press embargo on further details is reported to be lifted on June 21st, but according to a recent product presentation it stated that the official release is not until September 1st.

Maybe when you have the time you can go drive this White 2018 Camry SE at Toyota of Naperville and give us some feedback on this car.

THANK YOU

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
Maybe when you have the time you can go drive this White 2018 Camry SE at Toyota of Naperville and give us some feedback on this car.

THANK YOU
I've already been in touch with them and they'll contact me when they have a demo available which they expect to be in a few weeks. They mentioned that they just had a couple that were making the rounds to local dealers for their staff to checkout but they were no longer there.

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
I've already been in touch with them and they'll contact me when they have a demo available which they expect to be in a few weeks. They mentioned that they just had a couple that were making the rounds to local dealers for their staff to checkout but they were no longer there.

Toyota must not want any feedback on this car to get out until June 21.

Maybe the 2018 Camry will start showing up at some of the Dealerships the end of June.

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Here's the latest info on the 2018 Camry:cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWM9aTbJHZk

The 2018 Camry comes on the market in... {July now}!:b

"Maybe the 4th of July weekend"?..:D

http://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/mark-phelan/2017/06/11/2018-toyota-camry-nascar/383259001/

This new 8-speed transmission is also used in the "2017 Toyota Highlander" too and it's the same transmission used in... {High-End BMW's and Volvo's}!..

This transmission is very smooth:b

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWnA_3MC2zI

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing